New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Mein uber computer!!

Here it is, my new build, bout' $1200 canadian, meaning about $950 US. Two questions:

1) Should I change anything?
2) I have the 6800 card which is SLi ready (the mobo is too). If I buy a 7800 later on, will I be able to use both with no limitations or problems in SLi mode?

1) It looks good to me, though you can probably get a similar rig a bit cheaper elsewhere

2) No, for best results the two sli cards need to be the same

well, they do price-match, so if you can [color=sea-green]gimme some links to where those parts would be cheaper.. [/color]that'd be great. I hope you're taking into consideration that 1200 is in canadian funds.

Btw, the case in the pic is not what I'm getting, I pretty much changed everything from the original setup.

Oh another thing. About the SLi... ok, well, obviously, two of the same would be best. But take my situation... I'm buying the 6800 for now, because that's all I could offord. If I'm gonna use the SLi capability, might as well buy a 7800 when prices go down, and have the 6800 work with the 7800, and eventually, when I want to upgrade again, I will replace the original 6800 with a 7800. Just wanna know that it will work.

Yea, for $950 USD that's an excellent deal I'd say. Obviously custom built beats pre-built or factory built, but nevertheless good.

Brtnboarder495 said:
Yea, for $950 USD that's an excellent deal I'd say. Obviously custom built beats pre-built or factory built, but nevertheless good.

woah, I'm not buying it pre-built from NCIX. I just set it up like that so I can send you guys a direct link with the list and prices rather than having to re-type everything in this thread. It's much easier that way. I might be able to get it cheaper actually, if I get the parts individually and assemble it myself, which is what I was gonna do initially anyway.

can someone answer my SLi question in the third post please.

OK, if I have it right---you have one 6800, then you wanna buy a 7800 and SLI it with the 6800, then ditch the 6800 for another 7800.

The second step, SLIing the 6800 and 7800 together, won't work. To SLI two cards, they must be of the same make and model.

macdude425 said:
OK, if I have it right---you have one 6800, then you wanna buy a 7800 and SLI it with the 6800, then ditch the 6800 for another 7800.

The second step, SLIing the 6800 and 7800 together, won't work. To SLI two cards, they must be of the same make and model.

err.. i haven't bought it just yet. I am planning to.

gah... well then, that means that if I get the 6800 initially, I will be forced to get another 6800, exactly the same. but, do you think that two 6800GS's, maybe overclocked, will outperform just one 7800GT? Because as of now, it would be hard for me to afford getting the 7800 initially, but if I know that two 6800GS's could outperform one 7800GT, that would make it easier for me buy one 6800GS initially and and then get another one later on and SLi it. I really don't think I'll be needing anything better than one 7800GT. What do you think I should do?

Kitire said:
I'd still call it a rip-off =/...

gah, I hate these smart-asses coming in here and pretending to be all smart n'****.

#1) I am not buying it pre-built. I did it through NCIX's PC builder so I didn't have to re-create the list of specs in the post, and thus, all I had to do was put a link to an already prepared list with prices and links to product description.

#2) This is in Canadian money. Thus, whatever price you see there is equivalent to about %75-%80 in US funds.

#3) If you really think it's a ripoff, great! Tell me where I can find it for cheaper so I can get NCIX to price match each item. Hey, you seem to be all 1337, coming in here and bein like "dat's teh uber rip off". Then go ahaid, build the same system for cheaper, and trust me, I want you to prove me wrong (actually there's nothing to prove wrong here) I wouldn't mind saving a couple of bucks. ;)

But please spare me of you're completely uncontributing post. If you say it's a rip off, state why, and prove it. Use links and solid arguments, it is your responsability as a member of these forums. Read the posts carefully, making sure you got every peice of information correctly. If you chose not to help and contribute to this thread, then just leave and save your unfounded comments to yourself if you're not gonna back em up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom