Networking Sharing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup2jzgte05

In Runtime
Ok I have been trying to share my Movies folder with the 6 other PC's on my network, but for some reason when I set it to sharing it does not show on the other PC's. I'm already sharing my music, which on my C drive and there is no issues, but anything on my secondary drive, which is my E drive I cant seem to share it. Whats the Deal?

Does it give you any message like "permission denied" or whatever? You want to give it some time before it shows up.

You can use the UNC format to connect to it if you know the computers name or ip address and the shared folder name, like

\\192.168.1.100\movies

\\tom\movies

Make sure computers are in the same workgroup and network.

There is no error messages at all given. I put the folder to sharing a little over a week ago and yesterday I went to watch a movie in my Game room, but my folder was no where to be found. So I went back to my upstairs PC to see if for some reason it was not shared anymore, but when I Looked it still had the hand ICON for sharing. the strange thing is, music on this drive is sharing just fine, but for some reason I cant get the movies folder to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom