networking help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc

Solid State Member
hi
I have got an adsl modem/router(ZYXEL623R-T1)supplied by my broadband provider and was using it ok,now I got a LINCsys wirelessG broadband router(WRT54G-EU) and tried to connect to my above modem and installed and wired everything properly but I am unable to connect to internet now,though If i am going back to my original modem without the router i could connect again to internet.would anybody enlighten me whats wrong,my broadband provider uses PPPoe system
Thanks

Did you configure the firmware for your new router? if not youll need to do that to connect to the internet

hrm are you having your router log in for you if so check that the password and account name are correct

hi
still after 3 days i am unable to connect to internet ,my computers can communicate to the router ,but my router is not able to connect to internet ,is ther any possibility that my dsl modem/gateway causing any conflict with router

I believe that the problem you are having is that you have not set up a route on your wireless router that basically says that it should forward all internet traffic it gets to the adsl modem gateway...also make sure that you have changed in your nic its default gateway to match your wireless router.

In other words....you must point the traffic in the direction so that it can get out of your network.

hi sarin gas
thanks for yr suggestion,
i am total novice in hardware,could ur please be more detail,so that i can try
thanks

please let me know what type of cat5 cables(straight?cross) needed to connect between dsl to router and from router to computer nic
tahnks

it sounds obvious to me you have setup your router incorrectly. without seeing what you have done we are just taking very wild guesses. a linksys router will usually detect and automatic adjust itself if you use a striaght or crossover cable so it should not matter. but normally you will want to use straight cable.

is it so that the router function of my dsl modem is in conflict with my wireless g broadband router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom