Network Password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yin-Yang

In Runtime
Help! I tryed to set up a network, and one computer is able to acsses my others computers, but not visa virsa.

the problem, when I try to accsess the other computer a password screen comes up. The Username is greyed out as PCNAME\Guest and the password is left blank, I tryed everthing I could thing of and nothing got passed that screen... Please help!

Ummm... I have noticed no difference. I eather need to know what the password is or how to take out the password screen all together.

thanks for trying thogh.

Hello, if the remote computer is XP Pro or 2000 Pro, go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management. Go to Local Users and Group>Users and make sure Guest is enable and not mark with a red x. This is the account the other computer are trying to use as default.

Law said:
Hello, if the remote computer is XP Pro or 2000 Pro, go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management. Go to Local Users and Group>Users and make sure Guest is enable and not mark with a red x. This is the account the other computer are trying to use as default.

thanks for that, But the PC is XP Home. *Sigh*

there is a XP Media in the network, but m computer thinks it is pro...

So, If XP Media counts then yes there is a pro on the network.

if you want to see the password screen looks like, it looks like this.
screenshot2bc3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom