network issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShade01

Baseband Member
Ok so i have two computer one next to the other. Same computer exactly in every way both connected to the router the same way (wireless) one gets the internet sees the other computer and can talk to the router while the other can do everything but get on the internet. There are no device conflicts and access the router and another pc fine. Just no connectivity to the internet? Any one have this problem b4? i've the answer to this question a long time ago and don't remember how the person fixed the situation.

Ps - both pcs can ping the router and each other but only one to web sites

Ping www.google.com

No reply means DNS is information is missing or incorrectly set.

If you get a reply it's a proxy issue, if you can't get on IE check option-connection-LAN setting. Check if other programs can access internet.

Still stuck, download winsock fix for your version of OS and run it.

If he is using a router, it is most likely doing NAT, as residential Internet users only need one IP address. I doubt the ISP would be able to block multiple computers from being able to use the connection. If this IS the case, I would recommend looking for a different ISP.

I have had this issue before, and it was resolved using the Windows networking wizard, and selecting that you are permanently connected through a LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom