network ftp question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan

Daemon Poster
Hey all, I've got a question, I've got a wireless router hooked up and 2 computers (my laptop wi-fi card, and desktop - cable connected.) I'm trying to connect from my desktop to my laptop over ftp, vsftp server's running and the ip on the network is something like 192.168.0.100 when i try to connect to that in gftp it just sits there and does nothing, do i need to set up a gateway or something..?? I'm kinda confused :confused:

edit: It's Linux Redhat 9 with the vsftpd ftp server and gftp client to connect

another edit: yes the internal firewall builtin to Linux is off:)

If the two comps can ping each other, and other networking protocols are working fine (ie. try setting up apache on one and see if you can connect from the other) then you can narrow it down to an issue with the ftp server. Otherwise you'll just have to do some general network troubleshooting.. I'm no expert on networking with Linux since it's always just kinda worked for me with no extra configuration.

Make sure it's running, by default root account is locked out, try using CLI instead of that other FTP client... liek one said, try pinging it. make sure you have users set up correctly..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom