NetGear **Code 10**

Status
Not open for further replies.

toeball

Solid State Member
I was installing a NetGear Wag11 wireless nic and I followed the instructions to the tee and it kept on giving my the code 10 error. It was driving me crazy, I even checked the netgear website and they only had support for the laptop wireless nic.

What Exactly is a Code 10 error? Does anyone know?

Error Code 10

This is Windows way of telling you "Device cannot start". If you have a built in NIC card try disabling it. Not sure if that will help mine works fine with both. I know most wireless cards require you install the software first, then install the card and let Windows "find new hardware" and load the drivers. I would remove the software, power the box off. Remove the adapter and power up. Install the software from the CD, power off, install the adapter and load the drivers.

Look and see if the error sign is next to the device in the device manager window. Then just manually reinstall the drivers, it should work fine if the drivers are properly installed.

Code 10 Error

I tried all of that.

I guess this particular NIC card is not supported by windows XP. It says so when you first install the software. It gives you the "not supported by windows logo", So apparently to install this NIC card you just put it in and use the windows wireless networking software, I think that comes with SP2.

Thats some crazy stuff because i have a similiar problem with this. I have a dell inspiron 1100 and i bought a linksys wireless card to install and use but for some strange reason i get a code 10 i believe it is. It states that the device will not start. Its like the laptop does not want to recognize the drivers or something. I have tried to install the drivers manually and with the software and have even gone to the linksys website for help but no luck. I guess am going to have to look for another card and see if that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom