NetBook Network Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

markpelly

Baseband Member
Well ive been trouble shooting this for the past few months..maybe 6 and up until now i thought it was an issue with my router. I have been messing with settings and configuring the DHCP side of the spectrum and such..but nothing. My issue is that whenever a NetBook trys to connect to my wireless network, it screws around with the other wireless clients. I can have multiple laptops on the network at once..but once i throw someones netbook in the toss up..its totally screws up everything. the netbook is also able to connect when other wireless devices are on the network.

thanks in advace..

Mark P.

What happens to the other laptops exactly? You are positive it is not the router or a setting? Have you tried another router out just for kicks? Are you running a mixed mode type setup? Perhaps it is something silly where everyone is running on a certain frequency and the netbook comes in on something differnt and screws the pooooch...I doubt it, but that sounds fun. If you are running just Wireless G then I am a blank currently. It does it with any netbook or a paticular one? Have you tried a differn netbook or even better a differnt USB wifi card plugged into the netbook to see if it does the samething?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom