Need help with system restore for XP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pookster54

Beta member
My computer was running fine, and then one day all I could get was a black screen with a blinking cursor. Nothing I did would work, I even tried doing the system restore from the boot menu, but nothing would happen. I finally decided to go ahead and use my system recovery disk, and it finally got everything up and running. However, it restored my computer to the factory settings, and I lost everything. My question is: can I somehow restore it back to a previous date and recover everything that was lost? I already tried to do the system restore by clicking Start-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Restore. The only restore point it is showing is the restore that I just did. I know that computers create their own restore points, but I don't know how to find or access them if they're still there. All of the programs that I had installed on the computer are still showing up in the All Programs menu, but I cannot open them. I had tons of pictures and music on the computer, and I am really hopeful that someone can help me! Thanks in advance!
:sick:

Once you do a system restore there is no chance to go back to a specific date as all of those restore points were lost in the recovery. So right now you best option is NOT to install any software other than Recuva and run that to try and recovery your data. That will be your only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom