Need Help: Someone's messing with my personal life...

Not really specifically for Chrome unless it has a startup log event (not that I've seen). Do you shut your machine down every night and/or log out? If so, check the System and/or Security sections of Event Viewer to see if your machine was turned on / logged into during those times.

Not really specifically for Chrome unless it has a startup log event (not that I've seen). Do you shut your machine down every night and/or log out? If so, check the System and/or Security sections of Event Viewer to see if your machine was turned on / logged into during those times.
Nah I rarely shut it down.
Both of us have each other's info, me more than her cos I have a better memory and manage alot of our stuff
We don't keep tabs, never been that way.
We just stuff. And she's in IT so you'd think she would know to clear history or use incognito. She's a QA tester so she knows plenty about clearing history for clean results etc.

Nah I rarely shut it down.
Both of us have each other's info, me more than her cos I have a better memory and manage alot of our stuff
We don't keep tabs, never been that way.
We just stuff. And she's in IT so you'd think she would know to clear history or use incognito. She's a QA tester so she knows plenty about clearing history for clean results etc.

Check %temp% in file explorer ;)

If the user cleared history on your device, most likely they didnt clear temp folder, saying that! if your temp folder is cleared and you didnt do it... then... you have your answer either way! (most people dont clear %temp% and if you do, you will remember doing it) :cool:

event logs - not really much, besides like carnage said, check login times, if the user said they werent on the machine at X time, and you can see someone logged in then you have another answer :cool:

So let's just think for a bit that it's not her... So we use the same user account for windows. She uses Firefox and I use chrome. If she wanted to search for that person she could've easily done it on her own fb profile and same goes with that search. Why would she use my fb and Google account. Plus when I did a search with my browser I couldn't find those Google searches but those searches are on my account. If anyone logged into my account from a different phone or laptop I would get a notification.

So let's just think for a bit that it's not her... So we use the same user account for windows. She uses Firefox and I use chrome. If she wanted to search for that person she could've easily done it on her own fb profile and same goes with that search. Why would she use my fb and Google account. Plus when I did a search with my browser I couldn't find those Google searches but those searches are on my account. If anyone logged into my account from a different phone or laptop I would get a notification.
How about just changing your info and from now on not signing in on other peoples computers?

It seems like whoever did it doesnt want to confess and i dont see a way to 100% prove who did do it.

So instead of letting it really consume any more of your time and put you in anymore stress just forget about it?

(Reading my post to myself make me seem like a jerk but i am not trying to come off that way at all lol )

^Sounds like a jerk to me 😐
I get what you mean but man idk if I can let it go yet. I'll keep digging for a little longer

^Sounds like a jerk to me 😐
I get what you mean but man idk if I can let it go yet. I'll keep digging for a little longer
I understand the feeling bud.

Im just giving you my opinion as an outsider looking in.

If no harm was done than i would just let it be and make sure not to use your account on anyone elses pc.

My main point is dont let it consume your thoughts and cause un needed stress.

You can see current and previous active sessions I believe in the settings.

Facebook > Settings > Security > Where you're logged in

In the security settings you can enable the following alerts for unknown devices:
Facebook > Settings > Security > Login Alerts

You can also enable multi-factor authentication (only allows you to login after texting you a number which you have to enter as well as your password):
Facebook > Settings > Security > Login Approvals

Back
Top Bottom