My Netflix hardly ever stream at HD quality.

Yes it is most def an ATT thing, and their worst quality. I had TWC up and running the day I wanted it just because I went out back, plugged my own cable in, turned my modem on, and gave them first month payment and the MAC. Not something you can ever get with ATT. Not to mention, 35 a month for 15Mb service is cheaper too.

Most advanced functions are disabled, not shown (like DNS changing), or cannot be changed. A hacked modem gives you these functions including proper port forwarding. I believe it would be against TF rules to post some links regarding that so you'll just have to Google for it.

I Google'd some hacks for my AT&T 3800 modem/router but I can't see anything that will keep AT&T from raking me over for the rental charge
I'll have to settle to just making complaints to the FCC and other agencies

Yea unfortunately the only way around that is finding the right person to sweet talk so you can use your own hardware. Even then it's a gamble.

The modem hacks/root is only for people who want to properly port forward, bridge their modem to a real router, or use a different DNS. Stuff of that sort.

Back
Top Bottom