My Netflix hardly ever stream at HD quality.

AT&T will not let you use any other servers like Open DNS they will only allow you to connect to their own servers. Been there and tried that, has something to do with accessing television channels.
I recently heard on the news that Comcast won it's court battle with Netflix, forcing Netflix to pay extra if they want to stream on Comcast's servers

Last edited:
Hi,
I have AT&T high speed internet at 48MB/s
PP Mguire
Re: My Netflix hardly ever stream at HD quality.
Idk about his Google TV box, but he can definitely use OpenDNS on his PC.
Sorry but AT&T only allows you to use their own server with their routers. AT&T is extremely propriety with their stuff and no, they won't let you use Open DNS. yes he might be able to set up his pc to Open DNS but his AT&T router/modem will directly go to AT&T servers.

Sorry but AT&T only allows you to use their own server with their routers. AT&T is extremely propriety with their stuff and no, they won't let you use Open DNS. yes he might be able to set up his pc to Open DNS but his AT&T router/modem will directly go to AT&T servers.

Just another reason to buy your own modem/router setup instead of renting from the ISP.

Just another reason to buy your own modem/router setup instead of renting from the ISP.

Don't get me started :mad:....They set me up with a 3800 router/modem, I own my own 3800 router/modem and they refuse to let me use the one I own insisting and forcing me to pay$$$ rental on the same equipment. I have filed several complaints to the FCC and another govt place I can not recall at this moment. AT&T makes this claim that the modem was registered to another address so they can not use it but they refuse to acknowledge that they can re-set and update the firmware so that I could use it:mad:

Lol that's a lame excuse on their end.

I bought my modem used from Amazon (same model that my friend received from our ISP), and when I signed up to schedule service install, I had the option to provide my own modem right there. Just had to enter in it's SN, and was all good. I actually like my ISP (Midcontinent).

I personally own a 3801 and have had ATT service before, twice. Their BS hardware restrictions, ****ty over priced service, and overall serious limitation to service as well as terrible business practice is why I will never go with them as an ISP again.

BUT there is hope, because you can hack your modem if you're brave to unlock all the settings a normal modem/router would have.

When I had Comcast, I could and did use my own modem and router....It' an AT&T thing

BUT there is hope, because you can hack your modem if you're brave to unlock all the settings a normal modem/router would have.BUT there is hope, because you can hack your modem if you're brave to unlock all the settings a normal modem/router would have.

I'm listening.......

I can access the AT&T modem/router, has a lot of settings that any other router would have

Back
Top Bottom