My desktop won't automatically refresh (Vista)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristar Mymine

Solid State Member
Hi guys. I have a laptop with vista on it. I don't know what I did, but every time I update my desktop, the new files I drag to it won't show up. I have to hit the refresh button manually in order to see the changes.

Another example is when I delete folders into my recycle bin, the bin icon won't automatically change to a "full" symbol, it remains the "empty bin" icon. I have to hit refresh manually in order for it to become a "full bin" icon.

How do I remedy this???

Right click the recycle bin and go to properties. See if you have selected custome size or 'do not move files..'. If you have the second then it is automatically deleting the items which is why nothing is being placed in the recycle bin.

What do you mean when you update it? LIke when you create a new file and save it to the desktop?

Right click the recycle bin and go to properties. See if you have selected custome size or 'do not move files..'. If you have the second then it is automatically deleting the items which is why nothing is being placed in the recycle bin.

What do you mean when you update it? LIke when you create a new file and save it to the desktop?

Yeah, when I save something directly to my desktop it won't show up unless I manually refresh it with f5.

As far as recycle bin goes, it is set on custom size, but, still, when I move stuff to the recycle bin, the icon doesn't change to "full" by itself; it remains "empty" until I manually refresh my desktop.

Have you restarted since this behavior started? Does it still happen after a restart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom