My Awesome Computer Isn't Being Very Awesome

I can't seem to remove my old one? What am I doing wrong?

Check for screws on both sides of the case.

What case do you have? It looked like an Antec 900 (or Antec 1200)?

On my 900, you have to remove both side panels, remove the thumbscrews for so that the HDD cage can slide out of the front, and then from there, there's 2 screws on each side of the cage.

I have the Nine Hundred Two V3. And I got impatient and just left it in there. Plugged the cords into the new one though. Trying the install now

It successfully did the first part of installation that it wouldn't do before. It restarted when it was finished but when it rebooted it asked to boot from the CD/DVD drive. I did and now it's back to the language selection screen.. is that right? Or am I gonna be doing this in a circle because of the booting order

I changed the boot sequence :) Tnk you so much for all of your help Carnage. You're an amazing person

ForumRunner_20150124_124533.jpg

Good to see that you got it up and running.

Now make sure you have all of your drivers installed. You can do so by opening up Device Manager (press the Start button -> type Device Manager -> Press Enter) and seeing if there are any devices with a Yellow Exclamation mark (!). If there are, then on everything that has a yellow exclamation mark, do the following:
Right click -> Properties -> Details tab
Post the following info for each item that has a yellow exclamation mark:
Under "Hardware Ids" in the dropdown, it should have something like VEN_####&DEV#### ; post that section, where #### = some alphanumeric combination.

Good to see that you got it up and running.

Now make sure you have all of your drivers installed. You can do so by opening up Device Manager (press the Start button -> type Device Manager -> Press Enter) and seeing if there are any devices with a Yellow Exclamation mark (!). If there are, then on everything that has a yellow exclamation mark, do the following:
Right click -> Properties -> Details tab
Post the following info for each item that has a yellow exclamation mark:
Under "Hardware Ids" in the dropdown, it should have something like VEN_####&DEV#### ; post that section, where #### = some alphanumeric combination.

ForumRunner_20150124_134549.jpg

Back
Top Bottom