MW2 has no server list, no dedicated servers, no mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. this is quite surprising. Why on earth would they do this? Is piracy on PC hurting them this bad that they are just focusing more resources on console gaming? I was under the impression that CoD4 was relatively harder to pirate (especially the online?).

I don't see how matchmaking and piracy have anything to do with each other.

Match making is something games are doing now to prevent cheaters from boosting their stats to rank up.

As for mods, yes I would think this has everything to do with DLC for PC. DLC makes so much money on Xbox360 it's sickening.

I don't see how matchmaking and piracy have anything to do with each other.

Match making is something games are doing now to prevent cheaters from boosting their stats to rank up.

As for mods, yes I would think this has everything to do with DLC for PC. DLC makes so much money on Xbox360 it's sickening.

Dedicated servers can be modified to allowed cracked clients to connect and play. Removing dedicated servers and using IW.net and its' matchmaking system pretty much makes it tougher for pirated clients to be able to play online.

poor pirates lol!

Well on the "pros" side you will see that rankings will be much more fair with match making.

Halo started this whole Matchmaking stuff. It has it's pros and cons. Blame Halo! haha

I don't know whether IW realise this, but the only reason i play games like CoD, CSS on PC is because of the server browsers and mods. Now they have totally took it away, there is little point in me buying it for PC.

However, i will not cancel my preorder, for i still love the SP campaigns and it's around £10 cheeper than the console variant. I can just hope the idiot at the top of IW changes his idea. Because lets face it, all the programmers and designers are avid gamers just like us - they're just doing what they're told by the idiot above them.

Ok, my biggest reason for pc gaming is being able to use a mouse and keyboard. For you guys, are mods and dedicated servers a bigger deal than mouse and keyboard?

My ranking system:

1. Mouse + keyboard
2. Better communication software (ts, vent, xfire, steam)
3. Graphics
4. Dedicated Servers
5. Free DLC
6. Mods (idk, I haven't gotten into mods that much)

Infinity Ward has been ****ing me off. First, I got mad when I thought the pc version was being delayed, but thankfully that is only in Europe. Then, they think they can charge us $60 for this game. Finally this bs.

I'd say they definitely lost a quarter of their sales with all this crap.

Ok, my biggest reason for pc gaming is being able to use a mouse and keyboard. For you guys, are mods and dedicated servers a bigger deal than mouse and keyboard?

My ranking system:

1. Mouse + keyboard
2. Better communication software (ts, vent, xfire, steam)
3. Graphics
4. Dedicated Servers
5. Free DLC
6. Mods (idk, I haven't gotten into mods that much)

Infinity Ward has been ****ing me off. First, I got mad when I thought the pc version was being delayed, but thankfully that is only in Europe. Then, they think they can charge us $60 for this game. Finally this bs.

I'd say they definitely lost a quarter of their sales with all this crap.

1. Controls
2. Dedicated Servers
3. Mods/customization
4. Graphics
5. Ventrilo/Instant messaging w/ keyboard
6. Free DLC

So this removes my number 2, 3, and 6. Big disappointment.

Lol, they just convinced me not to buy their game. So if they are going to argue that matchmaking will get them more sales because of reduced piracy then they're idiots.

A pirate copy is still slightly better for them than no copy because that one pirate copy can potentially generate more legit copies through word of mouth and a bigger fan base. Not a smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom