MW2 has no server list, no dedicated servers, no mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Fail. Infinity Ward is putting PC users in the same boat as Console people, stupid "matchmaking" services, no dedicated server support, which means no mod support, and no servers list.

Terrible news.

Listen from 1hour 40seconds onwards BASH 123, Rob Bowling from Modern Warfare 2 is on to talk about IWNET. No more Dedi servers for PC. jockyitch01 on USTREAM. Shooter

The stream is quite funny though, you can tell all the guys are pretty shocked and stunned and ask questions for quite a while after.

Did he say something like: "We understand that online custom content is important, but ugh we didnt do it."?

I don't get why IW are doing this, mod support is like having free employees, if there is something the community wants modders give it to them. Mod tools increases the strength of the community while reducing maintenance. Oh, but that's right, this gets in the way of them selling their DLC. Looks like Activision flunked PC Game Support 101.

I don't buy their bullcrap that they think replacing dedicated servers with matchmaking is going to improve the community. No it won't, the people who'd prefer that system are the ones who are buying it on their 360s and PS3s. The real reason they are doing this is so that they control the community with an iron fist, reduce piracy and leave room for paid DLC. I wonder what Infinity Ward's PC team are thinking while they remove the core of PC multiplayer communities from their project.

The problem is that it makes legitimate consumers mad more than anything else. Most pirates either find another way to pirate or just not get the game. For every would-be pirate that they got to buy the game there's probably a lost sale from a legitimate consumer.

They seem to be forgetting that that is the only reason (bar graphics) that anyone uses a pc to play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom