Most hated/favorite Media/music Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
only feature i like of itunes is the music sharing with a wireless network i can listen to music on my secondary computer from my main computer if windows media player came up with this i would never use any other player.

dnoch said:
iTunes plays .m4a

I know. But I am talking about LINUX here. I cant get an iTunes for Linux. Open Office said that they would but I am waiting for it. I may hate iTunes. But I can live with it.

you can share music on wireless by moving all the music to "shared documents" and clicking it on the wireless computers.

shade11 said:
I know. But I am talking about LINUX here. I cant get an iTunes for Linux. Open Office said that they would but I am waiting for it. I may hate iTunes. But I can live with it.

take the silly m4a file and convert it to mp3 or wave with mplayer, proprietary file formats are useless, nobody should even use them

talldude123 said:
you can share music on wireless by moving all the music to "shared documents" and clicking it on the wireless computers.

well duh but its not as nice as having them in a player with playlists and searching etc.

I get tired of people saying Windows Media Player sucks just because its microsoft. If you hate Microsoft that bad, just don't use a Microsoft OS!
So do I have the right to say it sucks because I don't use a Microsoft OS? ;)

Naw, really. I don't find it so great, or so bad. A bit bloated. Library management could be a lot better. And WMA sounds terrible. I don't like Realplayer that much either. I like the way iTunes manages the library and playlists (when you enable the 'browse' button). Trouble is it's a bit lacking in features sometimes. Rhythmbox is just clunky thus far, but it looks like it's coming along. XMMS...I tend to use that, it's plugin system is better than anything else, but I need a proper music library! In other words, I don't think there's really any perfect music player, at least I haven't tried it if it exists. As for video, I like mplayer better than anything else. It's just...awesome.

itunes is horrible...i have it installed, but i only have it because it came with quicktime. I dont trust apple, even their computers are bad (no offense)
What's so bad about them? I don't know about their computers, I'm not a top-of-the-line hardware type of person, but OS X is not something to be brushed aside lightly.

i love my winamp, but i also have rhapsody and usually just listen to that when im on my PC.

and the fact that winamp now has XM radio is just loverly.

Favorite: Windows Media Player 9 (haven't gotten around to using 10 yet). I like the interface because its simple, not alot of clutter, and sounds just like any other player.

for some-odd reason when i have WMP open and visualizations going on my secondary monitor (wether i'm in XP or 2000) my CPU usage goes from about 5% to about 40%. without visualizations, my CPU usage goes back down. if i drag the program onto my primary monitor (wether the visualizations are going or not) the CPU usage goes back down to 5%.

If you can help me out, post here: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79040

Least Favorite: Tie: MusicMatch and RealPlayer just becuase their aboslutly worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom