Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not ever seen a piece of obsidian..

Me and my friend were playing MP last night and oh my god, i was digging down when suddenly i drop down into this cave thing, it was really cool as its the first one i've found. It was pretty resource rich, got 10 diamond, 20 gold, 40 coal and 20 iron from there roughly. Me and my friend spent a good 30 minutes exploring it, but as we explored we seperated and i found a new cavern which i fell into, and he found another one aswell. Anyway this process went on for about 3 hours of getting resources/planting torches/finding new caves...

I have never been so lost in my life. I just kept finding new cave after cave after cave with all these tunnels and areas running around under and over the top of each other. Not a word of a lie it took me 2 hours to find my way back.

But it was awesome :D

Easy way to get back to the surface, just dig straight up while building a platform below you. Gets you back to the surface within a minute ;) Sometimes you end up in lava/water though, so if you hear either then I'd stop digging :p

But yeah, that's the fun of it.

Yea, I got down to some lava pools, instead of springs and then ran some water to those pools. It instantly created obsidian, however, you need a diamond pickax to mine it, which I didn't have. You also have to pull lava from pools instead of springs in order to use it as fuel for furnaces, but BEWARE: DO NOT have it equipped when you go to place it in the furnace. You will instead dump it out and die, destroying your stuff on the way.

I really wish you could repair armor and tools. That would add a great layer of fun to the game IMO.

Lastly, did you guys notice with the Halloween update that mob spawners have to be destroyed now? You used to be able to place torches around them, but mobs were still spawning in them when I launched, after the game updated.

lol, I didn't think of using lava as fuel. And thanks ;) I'll have to try that out now.

A pig/cow/sheep farm I built under/between my fortress. Haven't built access to it yet though :p
fortress5small.png

As stated before, I aim to use Minepedia as little as possible ;)

Edit: Hey, is it just me or are my images not uploading right?

Completed pig farm.
fortress6small.png

It's cool man. I totally understand. I hate using guide books, or walkthroughs, but with this game I broke down and have learned a lot from the wiki.

I can see your images fine...unless you're uploading more than one. The farm looks awesome! Does it get enough direct light for grass to grow?

I don't yet know if it gets enough light, I was really just doing it to see if it worked :p So far it's not, so I'm doubtful. Still, it gives me a platform to build a sub-level to my fortress.

ah dude soooo not cool
i did exactly what u did syn, i clicked the furnace with the lava bucket. lost 7 iron buckets, and iron sword, 2 diamond pick axes a diamond shovel and 2 iron shovels about 200 of that nether realm gold block, all of my iron armor....my god. and oh ya, it burnt down all my roof, and about 20 book cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom