Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the old tradition of learning how to play the game on your own rather than the new tradition of "Derp, how does I win game?" Alt+Tab, Google.
And how old are you? I got the impression from my lurking that you were in high school. Sorry if I was mistaken.
That is not traditional, you not cheating by looking how to make something, and u dont win by doing that, there is no winning in minecraft, its like playing the tutorial level of a game, but there is not one yet for this game, and yes i am in my final year of highschool, that ='s being around for MOST noteworthy pc releases.

First I would like to apologize for sounding so rude in my post. I'm not saying it is cheating, just that there was a time in gaming when you couldn't just hop online for the solution to whatever it is that you need. And it seems today with everything so easily accessible, and a wiki for every game, that people are to quick to do this. Kind of ruins the point sometimes. I can't say for sure but I am guessing that is what the previous poster meant by "traditional". In Minecraft it doesn't really matter. Because like you say you can't win, it's a sandbox game and however you want to play in your sandbox is fine. And a lot of the basic stuff will most likely be covered in the tutorial when that is completed. I watched a tutorial video on Youtube so I guess I "cheated" too :p.

Not to get to off topic Minecraft is an awesome game. I haven't had a chance to play recently because I have been super busy. Hopefully I will get a chance later today. I did hop on quick and take a picture of my castle. Nothing fancy but it's a start. And it's also not a real great picture.
Minecraftcastle-1.png

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant by traditional gaming. I grew up with text-based adventure games (about ten years later than most, but my parents were avid to get me into the genre and geeky culture :p).
Of course, I cheated to fill my char with 64*40 blocks of obsidian, so I can't really talk
(btw, whoever said water+lava = obsidian, I tried that and all I got was stone, lol)

Edit: btw nosbuch, instead of print-screening and then cropping the image to what you want, you can do alt+printscreen, which just print-screens the window you currently have open. Saves the effort of cropping ;)
Edit2: A fancy picture I took of my (soon-to-be obsolete) Obsidian Palace:
obsidianpalace2small.png

And now a higher shot to show off the spiral staircase:
obsidianpalace3small.png

And a lower shot (realised I was still using the less-than-legal version, now am on legit)
obsidianpalace4small.png

^its a certain combination, like moving lava and still water, or still lava and moving water, i cant remember which, or it might be both moving, or both still, who knows.

Anyway, i have a huge treat for anyone who likes minecraft, a pretty big production between a few friend and me, we have created a cinematic episode with a storyline of minecraft. We just finished our first episode, and i just finished the editing process, it is rendering as we speak, and i will upload it when it is done and post it here. If all goes well, and it gets atleast a nice amount of views, we will be doing many more episodes. We have a lot of cool ideas, landscape wise and story wise. So if we get rolling there will be alot of cool stuff happening, we currently only have scripted the first few episodes, to not waste to much time on it if its a total flop. But i think people will like it. Anyway, so check back here in like an hour if you want to watch it.

That sounds very cool, can't wait to watch it :) Though, it'll be like 3am so I'll probably watch it in the morning.

^actually, its got 22mins remaining on the upload. It rendered much fast then i expected. You wont get to watch it in full quality, because it will not have finished processing, but you will still be able to see it. You don't find out much at all. It basically leaves everything a mystery. We did that for a reason, its for people will wonder what the heck is going on and watch further in the series. I have a huge amount of ideas for what can happen. But im hoping to get some input on what people want to happen, and then i can alter that from there to give the viewers what they want (obviously not exactly what they want, but close)

I don't know if any of you guys have a background in microprocessor design but this is freaking sweet. This guy implemented a fully functional 16bit alu in game and actually demoed it adding two binary numbers. It's rather slow since he is using a ripple carry adder for simplicity but considering it's being built in a game it's beyond impressive.

YouTube - 16-bit ALU in minecraft

He has also added a Program counter and registers and is working on completing a fully functional 16bit processor with 128 bytes of ram.

YouTube - A 16-Bit Program Counter, Another 16 Bits of Memory, And One Dead Pig.

Yea, I have seen those. Actually, somebody on the server I am playing at is also building something similar.
And another guy is building a display (monitor) using redstone+torches.

^ya i seen that a few days ago, that is pretty **** sweet. Its inefficient, but heck, its made in a video game. It is beyond impressive.

I hope i am not alone in thinking "How the actual **** did he have the mental capacity to design that"

But then i don't play Minecraft and perhaps it appears more complicated to me than it actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom