Microsoft Vienna 2009 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day I can install MSN and other things onto Linux, I will be using Linux... I really like linux, my major set back is trying to get warcraft 3 tft and diablo II LOD to run on it with MSN Dial up...

In my opinion vista was released incomplete kind of like ME then shortly after xp was released so vista is probably just to get something out there for people to buy before the more complete vienna is released
so maybe we will see some of vistas dropped features such as winfs and aero diamond.

forrestcupp said:
Who really gives a crud? Just because you hate Microsoft doesn't make Windows a bad OS either. Yes it's the most popular. Yes there are other great OS's out there. No that doesn't mean that Windows is horrible. I get everything I want done in it. If you want to use Linux/Mac, go for it, and be happy with it. If I want to use Windows, I will without caring what you think, and I'll be happy that everything just works. I used Linux for a long time, and I loved it. But I went back to Windows because it's more popular and everything works. There are lots of good OS's out there, and there's really no need to argue about them.

If you don't really care what he thinks, then why are you even posting this?

WorldIndustries said:
sausages.gif

I think this basically summed up the whole thing.

So you're going to use an OS that nothings being made for over the next 2 years instead of get Vista?

Staying with XP for the next couple of years and not going to Vista is not what I would call "taking a chance". You don't always need to have the latest and greatest s/w or h/w to accomplish what you need to do on a computer. I for one will not be purchasing Vista now, I will wait to see what develops with Vienna over the next couple years and make a decision then.

incidentally, I am in the process of refurbing an old box in order to play with Linux. :)

I never said it was taking a chance, Sure there's lots of people that can get done what they need done on XP. I in no way have the latest and greatest mentality. I'm just saying alot of games are gonna be on Vista (Halo 2 :)) Usually when MS releases a new OS, They drop the old one. That's probably how it's going to be with XP.

Wow, So they're planning on charging for customer support? What a load, You pay a minimum of 90 dollars for their OS, only get to install it once and you have to pay for customer support if you don't have the latest version. Way to go, I'm sure MS as a company really needs the money out of 60 year olds pockets because they can't remember where they saved their files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom