Microsoft Vienna 2009 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I don't know why I started typing my life story, I'm over it.
lol, keep telling yourself that until it comes true.

Essentially.......aren't you and havoc saying the exact same thing? He just quoted you and reversed it by saying "less often" but then reversed the other and said "worse" so it should technically be saying the exact same thing.

Overall, I'll openly admit I'm a dumb bass turd and linux seems like too much trouble for me.

As far as macs go. I'd get a mac solely to run Protools on. I do like running protools on a mac more than I do with the PC's. Of course, I've gotten a LOT more time with protools on mac than with PC's so I'm getting more used to the shortcuts and whatnot for mac.

Either way though, I like my PC and it's because I'm more familiar with it and yes, it is the most popular OS in the world so it does have more support, etc..etc..

Does that make it better? Nah, of course not, that shouldn't even be an argument.

It's always good to have multiple options though.

I might go to Linux if I had someone to show me the ropes, but considering I'll need this PC to run ProTools on, I will HAVE to have windows unless you can show me a way to get protools to run with Linux and many other things.

What conclusions have we come to?

Bill gates is the evil anti-christ of the human race and steve jobs is an acid tripping hippie who charges too much for his designs, both have their perks and downfalls.

^ Yeah, the problem with ProTools is that it's creator (I don't know much about it, who makes it?) doesn't have a version for Linux, so you'd have to use an alternative ... but since you're learning on ProTools, you might as well just use ProTools... see? It's not that Windows is better, it's that you're locked in because they have a monopoly... :(

I would consider using it, due to the fact that there are lots of games for it. But that will never happen, so dream on. :p

King X13 said:
lol yeah and longhorn was supposed to be out 2 years after XP and they had to completely scap that for vista. this OS will be out by 2015 prob lol.
I guess that's one of the reasons why we got office 2003 with no OS.

The General said:
Nothing anyone can do or say will convince anyone who knows anything about computer than Windows is a good operating system for any reason other than ones that can be attributed to the fact that it is the most popular operating system in the world.

Who really gives a crud? Just because you hate Microsoft doesn't make Windows a bad OS either. Yes it's the most popular. Yes there are other great OS's out there. No that doesn't mean that Windows is horrible. I get everything I want done in it. If you want to use Linux/Mac, go for it, and be happy with it. If I want to use Windows, I will without caring what you think, and I'll be happy that everything just works. I used Linux for a long time, and I loved it. But I went back to Windows because it's more popular and everything works. There are lots of good OS's out there, and there's really no need to argue about them.

Ooo windows Vienna, why did they name it after the capital of austria, why just why !.

2009, thats very unlikely. They announced it in 2000, and since then has been delayed by years, so 2011 is more likely, by that time we'll be using DX10/11. Imagine that, it'll be good :)

Nothing anyone can do or say will convince anyone who knows anything about computer than Windows is a good operating system for any reason other than ones that can be attributed to the fact that it is the most popular operating system in the world.
Hear! hear!

My guess is that Microsoft just now finished the original Longhorn concept and gave it a new name. Everyone at microsoft is getting ready to go on a 2 year vacation. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom