Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 installation? Hard to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkriffic

Beta member
I'm looking at a laptop which doesn't have Microsoft Office on it, so I'm thinking I'm just going to buy the laptop and buy office separately. If I were to install it, would there be anything special I'd have to go through with like the registry (or anything else, for that matter?)

OR is it just like installing any other program?

Thanks for your help!
GKRIFFIC

So same installation wizard and everything? Similar set up to let's say...sims 2? Just pop it in and let the computer do the work?

I know this is a dumb question but I just don't want any surprise hassles.

thanks for your patience

GCKRIFFIC

Insert disc, choose to install, input the product key, follow the prompts, let it do its thing.

Alright Thanks guys. I'm used to it being pre-loaded so I wasn't sure.

Muchas Gracias

GKRIFFIC

A bit of advice when you are buying the software. In the UK there are sites for student software and you can buy office 2007 pro for at least 50% less than what you can buy office student for!!!! That means you get all the office features for less than you would pay for the few you get with student if you was to buy from the shop.

Here is a link

Student Microsoft Software: Buy computer software like student office at a cheap price

The sites aren't even soley for the student to buy the students parents/gardien can buy them as well. I bought a copy of net nanny for £16 when it should have been £35 that is a saving of 60%. I was just ****ed off that I had already bought a copy of office 2007 home and student for £90 when I could have bought a copy of profesional plus for £44.

No if I went to currys I would have only paid £65, I was skint at the time and got it of my cousins catalogue, and I still haven't started paying for it yet and I am well ****ed off.

Open office might be better for you then, it's free an supports every file format I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom