Microsoft, Intel, and the DRM have officially screwed us all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will rather have Windows 3.11 running than Vista.

Windows 3.11 and below were actually just a program that ran on DOS.
Windows 95 was the first of the Windows series to actually be a proper Operating System. although it still needed DOS for some things.
Windows 2000 was the first OS that didn't need DOS at all. although it still has a command.exe.

I like OS X though. If I had the money I'd be getting a G5.
IMO OS X is actually worth paying for.

Harper said:
Like I know that the iTUNEs comes with software where you have to legitimise your music that you are putting on it. But what about creative nomads where it's a simple rip, drag and drop. It I can not rip my CDs into MP3, then why buy MP3 player?

Where'd you get that? iTunes doesn't do anything like that. The only protected content is the music you buy from the iTunes store, but other than that I can rip CDs and drag and drop other MP3's without problem. You don't have to 'legitimise' the music you're putting into it...

I would like to add a comment how XP is behind in the times

Knoppix is only 700 meg, contains a full suit of applications, recognizes LOTS of network cards (most) and runs on every PC i have tried it, without an actual instalation.

Harper said:
The piratability. The nessary evil. (Hello Shoobie Rat)

It the reason why Game Cube died in the arse where PSx/PS2 still seem to be around for years.

the only people who are using Windows loyally are those who haven't heard of Unix/linux, and those who don't pirate (trying to be a good citizen in other words)... They are going to loose specifically those users..

Knoppix is only 700 meg, contains a full suit of applications, recognizes LOTS of network cards (most) and runs on every PC i have tried it, without an actual instalation.
Yeah I first learned of Knoppix STD when they were showing how to get into a wireless network on your laptop....of course you gotta be in a busy city where wireless networks are abundant...wouldn't work around here, but it is cool that it's a complete bootable OS from a CD.

Qiranworms said:
Where'd you get that? iTunes doesn't do anything like that. The only protected content is the music you buy from the iTunes store, but other than that I can rip CDs and drag and drop other MP3's without problem. You don't have to 'legitimise' the music you're putting into it...
Oh.... I just confused that with the iTUNES store then.

Still, if you can't ripped, then you are up $#!+ creek with out a paddel.

Nubius said:
Yeah I first learned of Knoppix STD when they were showing how to get into a wireless network on your laptop....of course you gotta be in a busy city where wireless networks are abundant...wouldn't work around here, but it is cool that it's a complete bootable OS from a CD.

I thought it was a different version of knoppix that got into wifi networks.

Anyways, this makes me wonder where the hell is my STD cd, I think my friend stole it :(

Nubius said:

Boot from a CD? thats cool and all, but wouldn't it be sort of limited? you wouldn't be able to change anything because its off of a non-rewritable source. i'm sure that thats just an option though and you can install it on your hard disk.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Boot from a CD? thats cool and all, but wouldn't it be sort of limited? you wouldn't be able to change anything because its off of a non-rewritable source. i'm sure that thats just an option though and you can install it on your hard disk.

That's why you dont use live cd's :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom