Microsoft explains l33t speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't only for parents....

When people speak in "1337", I say, "Well, if you can't use proper English, I won't take the time to decode what you're trying to say."

Using light l33t speak isnt all that bad

Owned, pwned, h4x ect are parts of the englishing language.

But when people use stuff like "()|\/|fg j00 @R3 TeH |33+" it gets REALLY annoying.

lol thats funny.. i can imagine all the 50's n over in chatrooms just startin to speak lke that

"pwn3d," among other variations. Online video game bullies or "griefers" often use this term.

Hahahaha Online video game bullys.... this article was such a piece of crap... I love how microsoft claim they know this shit... yeah some of what they say is right... and personally i think 1337 speak is a bit lame (and so 90's) but if i have ever said owned or what ever when playing mohaa or cod its not me bullying someone..

as usual m$ are being completely lame

Yes Parents need to beware that if their kid says to another kid "all your base are mine!", then their kid might take the other kids fort or soemthin. This is a language that parents need to understand, cause we cant just LET THEM BE KIDS! So what is Microsoft's aim here? To be able to tell if your kid is a "cyber bully"? haha, so then they can chastise their little nerd child for finding an outlet that he doesnt get beat up and may find some kind of acceptance. Now we need to be concerned with the emotional damage he may cause someone elses kid cause he proclaimed their n00bness? I dont get it, if it was just a little dictionary for n00b parents that would be fine but it had a different tone.

That article is lame. On, the bottom, I clicked 'no' to the question "Was this article useful to you?'' and a window popped up saying they were haveing tech. issues.

LOL.gif
DJ-CHRIS said:

That is funny and really sad at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom