MFT Repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suppahigh

Solid State Member
first of all hi to everyone on this site and thank you for taking your time to read through.
i like to know if it is possible to repair damaged and/or missing Master File Tabe. the hard drive i have is a 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 and contains one partition with windows 7 on it. i know i could possibly try and recover the data and then format the drive and re-install windows but i'm afraid that the process could take time and i might not be able to recover all the data which is very important. i've used a program called test disk but to no result.

All help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Well you pretty much used the industry standard app for this type of problem. Test Disk is the tool that we all keep in our bag of tricks for this type of error. Since you say that failed there really isnt many options.

You can try:
UNERASER. Data Recovery Software. Undelete Utility. Hard Drive Recovery.
Active@ File Recovery for Windows

But there is no guarantee at all of success. If Test Disk didnt work i would bite the bullet and format the drive and recover what you can. Recuva is very good at getting well over 90% of lost data back. I have used it personally on several machines and recovered data from years ago with ease.

thanks for the quick answer. do you mind telling me which option to use in test disk as i might be something wrong. do i use the MBR write option?

No MBR is the Master Boot Record. That is just to boot. That is not to fix MFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom