Mass effect andromeda

Except the story has been reported as "meh" and the voice acting being fairly subpar... Point is, this isn't the same developers that made ME 1 - 3. Most of the original crew (including the story writer) is gone.

Still feels like the same great Mass Effect experience to me. So far (I'm still in the early stages) the story is fantastic. Voice acting hasn't bothered me at all. Keep in mind I am coming off of what I consider to be the pinnacle in console voice acting and facial animations, The Witcher 3.
Still seems like the same good ol Mass effect to me. I think people just really want to hate on this game

Well i finished the main story and most of the side quest.

Over view.
Yes most of the humans are ugly and 99.9% of asari have the same face . Yes there are some weird/ bad facial animation and animations in general, and glitches here and there but nothing game braking to me.
I dint find the story to be meh or bad, i personally enjoyed the story and side quest. Gotta remember this only game 1 and only part of the story. I assume this going to be a trilogy.

This game is big and honestly there is so much you can do that i personally cant replay again, is just to much to do to do all over again. same as dragon age 3, skyrim and fallout 4 there was so much to do i couldn't get my myself to replay again.

The combat is pretty fun and solid. you have so many options of play styles and class customization. My favorite 2 companions was Drack and Cora that's one mean team with me as a sniper.

The graphics are actually pretty good. not the human models obviously lol but the planets terrain,sky, particle effects, weapons and skill/powers look good and don't forget the tons of dialogue it has.

I was really worried about the game when i played the trial but i'm honestly glad i gave it a chance.

the regular game is worth it the deluxe i don't think it is since you get a few items you replace rather quickly.

I give it a 7/10

Well i finished the main story and most of the side quest.

Over view.
Yes most of the humans are ugly and 99.9% of asari have the same face . Yes there are some weird/ bad facial animation and animations in general, and glitches here and there but nothing game braking to me.
I dint find the story to be meh or bad, i personally enjoyed the story and side quest. Gotta remember this only game 1 and only part of the story. I assume this going to be a trilogy.

This game is big and honestly there is so much you can do that i personally cant replay again, is just to much to do to do all over again. same as dragon age 3, skyrim and fallout 4 there was so much to do i couldn't get my myself to replay again.

The combat is pretty fun and solid. you have so many options of play styles and class customization. My favorite 2 companions was Drack and Cora that's one mean team with me as a sniper.

The graphics are actually pretty good. not the human models obviously lol but the planets terrain,sky, particle effects, weapons and skill/powers look good and don't forget the tons of dialogue it has.

I was really worried about the game when i played the trial but i'm honestly glad i gave it a chance.

the regular game is worth it the deluxe i don't think it is since you get a few items you replace rather quickly.

I give it a 7/10
I'm not sure if you get anything for the regular version, but for the deluxe version you get one deluxe crate per week in multiplayer for 20 weeks. That's pretty awesome actually.

The more I play this the more I get frustrated. Here are some of my major problems:

• I feel totally underpowered. For whatever reason my squadmates have 2-3 times the shields and health as I do.
  • My main issue with the multiplayer, the ridiculous power recharge rate, is also a major gripe for me in the campaign. The game definitely has a ME1 difficulty curve and feel to it, but these recharge rates need to be fixed.
  • The whole research and development method to upgrading gear is frustrating as well and the fact that I can't just equip weapons out of my "inventory" feels like they were just trying to be dicks.
  • Inventory space should NOT have a goddamn cap on it. Again, feels like they were just trying to make life more difficult here.

All in all I am still enjoying the game, but I really hope they put out a patch soon.

There is gear that will speed up your recharge. There is a set for each power set i belive. I used the mavericks because i played sniper. I most used the construct from the tech wing, tactical cloak and turbo charge from the soldier side.

The more I play this the more I get frustrated. Here are some of my major problems:

• I feel totally underpowered. For whatever reason my squadmates have 2-3 times the shields and health as I do.
  • My main issue with the multiplayer, the ridiculous power recharge rate, is also a major gripe for me in the campaign. The game definitely has a ME1 difficulty curve and feel to it, but these recharge rates need to be fixed.
  • The whole research and development method to upgrading gear is frustrating as well and the fact that I can't just equip weapons out of my "inventory" feels like they were just trying to be dicks.
  • Inventory space should NOT have a goddamn cap on it. Again, feels like they were just trying to make life more difficult here.

All in all I am still enjoying the game, but I really hope they put out a patch soon.
it seems really hard for a while but once you figure out the gear crafting and adding mods during crafting it get s easier

It's not even that it's hard...the combat just isn't that good. God I hope my opinion changes.
I am really mad at my game i think something wrong with it. every time I hit circle to evade it takes a bit of my life like I am getting shot. it takes my life though not shield

Edit: after some googling it may be a mod I built into my armor. i am gonna have to check this out cause its super annoying

Last edited:
I am really mad at my game i think something wrong with it. every time I hit circle to evade it takes a bit of my life like I am getting shot. it takes my life though not shield

Edit: after some googling it may be a mod I built into my armor. i am gonna have to check this out cause its super annoying

That would drive me crazy. I haven't messed with the mods yet at all. I need to though.

So last night I switched from a tech using engineer to a vanguard with nova, charge and incinerate. I had used vanguard in both ME2 and ME3 so I wanted to try something new before going back. What a huge difference. Fights are now over in seconds instead of minutes. The amount of damage output you have at your disposal as a vanguard is unmatched. They really need to make the other abilities more viable in comparison. As it is most abilities really only get "good" at level 5 or 6 of the tree. A vanguard with a level 1 charge is still getting back 50% shields every time you use it making it instantly useful. It seems reckless to charge into an enemy group, but the class is super durable. Incinerate, charge in, melee, nova, melee and repeat. Due to recharge time you may need to skip incinerate the second time around. Against stronger groups it helps a lot to have the 20% shield regain with a melee hit in the barrier tree. If done properly you will rarely lose shields. If things get too hot you can retreat or find a lone enemy to charge to away from the main group. Make a profile and try it out!

Back
Top Bottom