Mass Effect 3 Ending Discussion

PART 2 - HARBINGER'S HILL

Harbinger's arrival may turn out to be problematic, but regardless, it doesn't change our objective. The fate of all galactic life depends on us reaching that beam! But Harbinger is defending it relentlessly! Red laser beams of death are coming in from all directions and annihilating the ground team!

9e2f541cca2625d77d543f893f26c5ab.jpg

Harbinger fires a few pot shots in Shepard's direction and hits a Mako, sending it tumbling!

images
DO A BARREL ROLL!

Shepard and his team take cover behind the flipped Mako and call for evac; they are injured, but they are alive. The Normandy swoops in, Shepard orders them to get on the ship to get patched up, and that he's got this....

images

But...

678152.png

Wait... this whole sequence just took a few minutes... why is Harbinger just sitting there and watching the Normandy fly in, land, allow the crew to board, say their goodbyes to Shepard, and then escape while he stands there waiving goodbye back? Why doesn't Harbinger just kill us all? This doesn't make any sense...

Harbinger then resumes firing at the ground team again AFTER the Normandy flies off safely.

:YouMad:
Ok I'm back, sorry about that, mama reaper told me I had to take out the trash. Back to blowing you little guys up. Problem?

:TheFuu:

A beam then strikes right in front of Shepard and the screen goes white.

images

OMG OWWWWW MY EYES SON OF A.... DAMN IT YOU JERK THAT'S BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The screen then fades from white to a dreary, eerie, ghostly, dreamlike state. Shepard is on the ground regaining consciousness - he looks around and sees Harbinger retreat.

img1532226030.jpeg

Major Coats here. Hammer team has been wiped out, nobody made it to the beam. Everyone, fall back and regroup!

images

Umm, excuse me jackass, I'm right here... and what happened to "this is it, no turning back" ...? If we retreat, we lose. Obviously, you're alive... and Harbinger just flew away, so yeah, get your smacked ass down here with me and let's take that damn beam!

Wait a second... those lasers incinerated everyone else on impact. Hell, they even tear right through frigates....

:Happy: How am I alive?

*looks around and sees thousands of 2D rendered dead husks in Ashley & Kaidan's ME1 armor near flipped Makos*

bN5Pv4HAmnE.jpg

LOL someone got lazy.... but yeah, that's some weird ass shiznit BioWare.

And then... it happens...

images

The final boss battle of the trilogy takes place.... Marauder Shields and his three Huskateers attack Shepard. They gave everything they had to hold the line at all costs.

austria_rage_face_by_hanamurajuuri-d4tt6ad.jpg

Outta may way jackasses, I have a galaxy to save!

* I would like to take this time to hold a moment of silence for Marauder Shields and his three brave Huskateers. Unbeknownst to us, they did everything in their power to try and stop us from reaching that beam - from reaching that horrible, horrible ending.... *

Marauder Shields - Brave, Hero, Legend - gone, but never forgotten. This one's for you:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0

640px-The_Three_Husketeers.png

521701_235939463171867_438420447_n.jpg

tumblr_m2rlr0mHMi1rrlnm8o1_1280.jpg

images

tumblr_m0ygldbfBO1qhfutbo1_500.jpg

images

Edge that freaking great Huskateers to funny i really lol'd

But damn you edge I must go buy the collection and the last 2 dlc and play again now.........................After DD anyway

Thanks guys. YouTube is blocked for me here at work, but I can still add videos to a post. On my screen it just looks like a blank white box, so if anyone is seeing the same thing it's actually a link to Sarah McLachlan's "I Will Remember You" music video (the song they play on all those sad SPCA / animal cruelty commercials)

I figured it would fit the Marauder Shields memorial ambiance lol. I'm going to try and squeeze in part 3 before the end of the work day, but the computers here go through stretches where it takes like 5 minutes to do a google search, so that's actually been a big part of the hold up.

For some reason it's not allowing me to edit the previous spots I had reserved for the comic, so I'll have to reply to the thread piece by piece as it's ready to go. I was hoping to keep it all together, but sadly it's going to be scattered... sorry about that.

Edit option is only available for 24 hrs.

PART 3 - THE CITADEL

We've finally made it up the beam. Time to open up the Citadel arms and end this war.

images

Anderson here - Shepard, is that you? I followed you up but I think ended up in a different area. Let's try to meet up.

:SeriouslyChan:
Wha...???? Time out.... I let this slide earlier because I passed it off as a dramatic storytelling mechanic when Major Coats called for a retreat, but I'm taking a stand here....

images

HOW IN THE LIVING HELL IS MY RADIO WORKING!!!!!!! I JUST GOT HIT WITH A NINE-KAJILLION DEGREE LASER BEAM OF DEATH!!!!! BOTH ME AND MY RADIO SHOULD BE BBQ'D SHISH KEBABS!!!!!!!!!

images

BIOWARE!!!!!!!! THE F !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I travel down the main corridor and am distracted by two conviently placed husk looking bodies... like before, one is wearing Kaidan's ME1 armor, the other Ashley's....

noooo.jpg

This is really.... really, weird.... maybe these are just random people? But they why are they wearing that specific armor when all of the other soldiers wore generice black/navy? Why are they separated and placed on each side of this ramp like a warning signal? Man ever since that beam hit me this game just fell off the strange-ass-retarded-tree and hit every damn branch on the way down.... but BioWare's known for telling really great stories, so maybe these are just slight hiccups in the road....

:Determined:
Shepard! Anderson again! I found a console!

images

Anderson????? How did you get in front of me! WTF!!!!!! There are no other halls, doors, anything... you came up the beam after me, the hall I took leads a straight and narrow path and into this circle room with a console, and somehow, you're here in front of me????

32416_135737099912902_294514245_a.jpg

THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

Martin Sheen then comes out of nowhere and magically has biotic and mind control abilities. He then traps Anderson and Shepard.

7000488483_cc3339995a_m.jpg

I'm assuming this is through the new reaper implants? But it was never established to this point that reaper implants = biotic and mind control powers. Ugh, I hate it when new lore is established right at the end of a story...

Martin Sheen then gives his same tired speech about how control is the solution to this conflict, and how humanity will achieve great power in controlling the reapers. Shepard counters by saying that controlling a person is different than controlling a reaper.

Illusive_man_modified1.png

"Have a little faith "

13610948471693.png

HAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOLOL NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Umm, yeah you see Saren tried this same thing in Mass Effect 1 and it totally didn't work, sorry dude....

Anderson then tells Shepard to ignore the Mr. Sheen because the reapers own him. Sheen gets ****ed and uses his newly acquired mind control powers to make Shepard shoot Anderson in the hip.

IIyp-ajFxVs.jpg

YOU!!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.... Anderson's my homeboy, you're gonna pay for that!!!!!!!!!

Shepard then feeds doubt into Martin Sheen by pointing out the flaws of this plan, and that there's no guarantee that he can actually control the reapers. Martin Sheen eventually breaks down to tears and says that he was only trying to save humanity. Shepard says that he still can as long as he steps aside and lets us end this. Martin Sheen thanks Shepard and says that he is sorry, then shoots himself.

377-35.png

Wow, way to now offically and completely copy and paste the ending from Mass Effect 1....

Shepard goes over to open the Citadel arms by using the console, and then sits next to Anderson as the Crucible docks. The two battered and bruised soldiers sit and look at Earth in the distance, commenting about how great of a view it is. Anderson then says that he's proud of Shepard, and then passes away...

n4ffd3517af37f_large.png

After that, Shepard then clenches a wound on his own hip and the camera makes it a point to zoom in on his bloodied hand....

tumblr_lvrbpqaznK1qibz0jo1_400.png

Wait... I never got shot in the hip, and I wasn't bleeding there a minute ago... and it's conveniently the same wound that Anderson got when Martin Sheen made me shoot him with his mind control powers. Ok, I know I've said this before, but this honestly can't get any more weird...

images

Shepard! It's Admiral Hackett! Nothing's happening!

images

OK... AWESOME. So Hackett apparently knew the ENTIRE TIME that I made it up to the Citadel, and he too can also communicate with me through my magical heat resistant radio... nevermind, forget that previous "can't get any more weird" comment...

images

The Crucible isn't firing! It must be something on your end!

Shepard then acts all drunk and passes out from his new magical hip wound.

Then....

Then, it happnens....

:Gasp:

.... out of nowhere ....

.... a beam of light descends ....

.... and Shepard is lifted up ....

.... and little does he know ....

.... that the worst is yet to come ....

oh_god_why_guy_rage_face_meme_poster-redf5ca056d084c43b45c8b11c908e1ab_a21y_328.jpg

PART 4 - REAPER BIEBER

Shepard has now reached his destination from the mysterious beam of light.

So... umm...

images

Shepard stands up and his mystery wound again. As he comes to it, he is approached by a ghostly figure.

wesh-surprised-long-surprise-tns0.png

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! You're that little boy from the beginning of the game! The one in all those nightmares!

images

I AM THE CATALYST

m_054f9efb.jpg

images

I am the embodiment of all reapers - they are my solution.

images

You're... you're... a reaper...?

images

images

When each civilization rises, they create synthetics that will eventually turn against them, it is inevitable. The reapers are my solution. Each cycle, we harvest the essence of organic life and preserve it in reaper form before it is lost forever. We harvest advanced species, leaving the younger ones alone. Then, when they evolve and create synthetics of their own, we harvest them before they are lost to the synthetic conflict. The cycle continues.

Ha. Haha. Ha, haha...

mqdefault.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ROFLCOPTER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

DxAQxuRl_g8.jpg

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!? HAHAHA HEHEHEHE LOL OH BOY....

images

PSSSSTTT LOLOLOLOL OK OK I need a minute...

I just want to get this straight. You're telling me that you created machines to kill us every 50,000 years so that machines don't kill us...

Excuse me, but...

5011112e77aa5.png

Why don't you just destroy all synthetics, then tell people, "Listen, these things are going to turn on you so we're killing them. Don't build anymore, and if you do we're going to lay the reaper smackdown on you"? No, instead, it makes more sense to kill us with machines before other machines kill us...

images

YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT THIS IS THE POINT OF MASS EFFECT

images

I JUST SPENT 5 YEARS AND LIKE 200+ HOURS FOR THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I JUST ENDED A 300 YEAR WAR BETWEEN THE GETH AND THE QUARIANS! THEY ARE AT PEACE! PEACE MEANS THEY DON'T KILL EACH OTHER, CAN YOU COMPREHEND THAT?!?!?!?

I JUST SET SETH GREEN UP WITH THE ROBOT CHICK FROM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA! THEY AREN'T KILLING EACH OTHER! CAN YOU COMPREHEND THAT?!?!?!?

images

images

images

images

Hey there Mass Effect player! We hope you are enjoying Mass Effect 3! We understand that throughout the series, one of it's staples has been Commander Shepard's ability to question, investigate, and weigh all of his options before making any choices. We at BioWare feel that that's a little too mainstream for our ending, so we've decided to have Shepard blindly go along with everything that little reaper bieber says.

images

Problem?

1234931504682.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom