Managed ADSL Modem/Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
There is an oportunity for me to replace my existing Netgear DG814 Switch/Router/DSL Modem with some thing that does the same, but with a WIRELESS OPTION.

I share this ADSL Connection with another Bandwidth Leech (like my self). Where I enjoy playing the Ragnarok Online, he gets his jollies from Kazaa.

We are planning on upgrading to a 512k/128k account next month, so that will be cool.

How ever, I am looking at getting a router where I can set speed limit on the other nodes on the network. It would be nice if I could set up the router so that both nodes have a set max speed for 256k each so that we no longer need to fight for bandwidth.

I would like a ROUTER where I can set SPEED LIMITS to all the IP on the internal network. Suggestion please.

If needed, can scrap together enough parts to build a small server so I can do the same thing, but I really would rather I did not have to do this.

Your option may not be that spendy... take a look at DrTCP/IP at http://www.dslreports.com you can tweak your bandwidth with it. Its located in the tools section. Of course if you want a router, come see me im a netgear dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom