Manage projects online with ProjectOffice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm always looking for good project management solutions, and so far I haven't found one that fits my needs perfectly. Short of programming one for myself, I don't think I (or anyone else) can find one I can just apply to my life. That said, ProjectOffice.net is a pretty good try at creating something actually Usable.
The app gives you project, task and resource management, a calendar, wiki projects and issues. I really love the way that it handles resources and issues. The reason I haven't transfered my real work to an online app is that it is very rare that project management software supports adding someone t your team, without actually having them come and accept and then working with you inside the app. I don't want to colaborate with my people through apps, I just want a way to track who's doing what. ProjectOffice does require the name and email, but you can just enter a dummy email and you're off.
Apart from that, issues is something that is very unique to this program, I may just start using this app because of this. The feature is very closely related to bug tracking, a special type of management module that programmers use.

projectoffice.gif
You can create an issue, much like a task, but from there on, you can very easily track the phases of it, through a very well though out menu. You can change the status from opened to analyzed, closed and so on. This is really handy if you have actually completed a task, but you find out it's not perfect. You don't have to create the task again, just put it in issues. It is also great if you have a lot of problems you need to look into and track.
The only problem I had was that you can't create indefinite projects. You can only add a project if you specify a start and end date, while may of my projects aren't tied to dates. If you can get past that problem, I think you'll find a pretty useful app. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom