Man Shoots Teen in Buttocks Because of Baggy Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think PP means it's not just a problem with the attitude of the older guy, there's problems with the younger dudes as well. People like that going around acting like little rebels have their own issues as well. Just because you CAN wear pants that sag down to your ankles doesn't mean you should.

More along the lines of the guy was making a point that there is not enough discipline in this country. I dont stand by his actions by any means, but i know what he means.

In other words the problem with this society is kids basically do what they want, when they want, and dont get disciplined when they do wrong. This guy clearly thought that shooting their pants off was means of telling them to grow up (kidding).

I want to WEAR my pants saggy. No I don't want to rob a store or kill a innocent person, or even hit someone. Boom shot.. I don't believe you should have a pokemon as an avatar.. That should not be allowed? Should I shoot you? Or is this infringing on the rights to express yourself.

I also believe you should have to speak English to work in an American store, but I don't go shooting anyone that doesn't speak English. Just because someone doesn't think a 17 year old should were his pants saggy doesn't mean he is right. It is his opinion.

People being shot over expressing themselves is the problem with society, not kids and teens getting away with whatever they want.. Chances are they will out grow it, Why not let them. I know kids that had strict parents growing up, when they hit college one of them went crazy and ended up getting married after 6 months.

You missed the point, but thats ok...i expected it.

You foresaw that I would be unable to comprehend your Yoda-like sound bite of social commentary?
You believe that the current generation of kids are responsible for the deterioration of society? How do you think our grandparents felt about the ridiculous fashions of our parents when they were young? I hate to quote it as a source but it is a perfect example of what I'm talking about:
Progress and grumpy old men

The late Herb Caen, the legendary columnist of the San Francisco Chronicle, once wrote a piece about the worsening state of San Francisco and, in particular, one of its main arteries, Market Street.

In it, he lamented about how this thoroughfare was always under construction, how the city's charms and enduring traditions were getting swept aside by outsiders, and how the place was becoming less and less hospitable to locals and long-timers, forcing Caen to wonder if, perhaps, San Francisco's best days were behind it.

Ah, but Caen was setting us up for an unexpected upper-cut, as at the tail end of the piece, he reveals (I am paraphrasing), "Would it surprise you to know that I wrote this piece way back in 1954?"

Caen's point was that then, as now, every generation sees their generation as the Real Generation and the Right Approach, when in truth, progress just moves forward.

Hence, the locals of San Francisco, circa 1954, saw a city losing sight of its traditions and therefore, its magic. In truth, the city was just moving forward with the times.

Thus, it was unsurprising that 30 years later, today's locals would reach the exact same conclusions about the "good old days" being their particular generational approach.
Source: Grumpy old men, the "Inmates" and margins - O'Reilly Radar

More along the lines of the guy was making a point that there is not enough discipline in this country. I dont stand by his actions by any means, but i know what he means.

In other words the problem with this society is kids basically do what they want, when they want, and dont get disciplined when they do wrong. This guy clearly thought that shooting their pants off was means of telling them to grow up (kidding).

Not enough discipline? How about the self discipline not to shoot people because something about them annoys you? Even leaving that aside, discipline is different from obedience and neither are universally good things.

2000s Rebels

saggin-pants.jpg

1950s "Rock and Roll Rebel"

4248638949_ce34a9392f_z.jpg

Or you have the jeans, white t-shirt, and leather jacket with a pack of Marlboros rolled up in the sleeve. Id much rather look at the Fonz type era.

As i said though, i really cant speak up without getting an IM due to possible infraction so ill leave it at that. If you really want to argue and justify the horrible look then by all means. I never once said the guy was in the right for shooting at them.

People should be able to wear any type of clothes, how ever they want. Called freedom. Has nothing to do with discipline. You have a problem with it, keep it to yourself, its not anyone's place to argue about another persons freewill. period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom