Lowering Computer Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyWellington

Solid State Member
Both my laptop and desktop seem to be running at quite high temperatures (the computers are quite old now). Idle temperatures are around 65C and when I play a game, it boosts to 80C. Note: My computer doesn't no restart or turn off.

What do I need to do or replace?

My heatsink and fans are working and I've cleaned my computer many of times but the problem still prosists. Any help or advice would be grateful. I just want reasonable temperatures and its really starting to annoy me!

Temperatures are based on CPU figures.

Depending on your location you have to remember, it is summer. Which means that it is hotter outside, which has the same effect inside. So yeah PC's run a bit hotter this time of year. Unless you can have them in a room where you can maintain and control the temp and humidity there isnt much you can do.

Make sure you have an open window, possibly even an air conditioner going. If not an AC maybe just a fan.

Your idle temp isnt that bad. My GPU is idle at about 68 or so right now. So you right in the proper range for the time of year. Not much you can do when it is 90 outside and 80 inside.

My temperature's were high too, So i stuck in a HDD twin fan cooler which dropped the temp of my drive by about 5 degree's. Previously i dropped in an extra case fan which resulted in about the same temperature drop for the CPU.

Hey i said it isnt that bad. I didnt say that it is great. I know my system is running warm, but it also have been 90 all week and even now at 10PM EST it is still 75 outside and at least 80 in my room. So yeah it is a bit warm, but it isnt overly warm. I bet if i fired up a game my GPU temps would hit mid 80's easily.

Wouldn't opening the side panel and sticking a household fan on there? I heard this on other forums and I'm like, what the :confused:

My CPU used to be around 35C while non-gaming during the cool months, but now its ~50C in the upper 80F (27C) temperature zone.

Hey i said it isnt that bad. I didnt say that it is great. I know my system is running warm, but it also have been 90 all week and even now at 10PM EST it is still 75 outside and at least 80 in my room. So yeah it is a bit warm, but it isnt overly warm. I bet if i fired up a game my GPU temps would hit mid 80's easily.

Hey.... I was agreeing with everything you had said... I'm under the impression 65/80 is the cpu, and cpu tmax is 85, is it not? <- real question.

80 on a gpu is normal, as tmax is 110C, so if I'm mistaken then Mak is truelly and fully right ;)

Usually 85/95 is the tjmax I believe.

Just checked my CoreTemp, and 95C is my tjmax.

So hitting 80c on the CPU, is actually getting pretty bad.

@Mak: Note that he's talking about his CPU temps, not GPU temps.

Ahh thta is where i am confused. I am thinking fully GPU. Not CPU. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom