Looking for an 'Always on top' solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonoz

In Runtime
I have a dual monitor setup. I am using Windows 7 x64. I want to play a game on one screen as I surf the web on the other. But whenever the game launches and I'm playing the game, I cannot click on the other screen. If I click to activate the web browser on the other screen the game would minimize. I already checked, but the game does not have an "always on top" option. I'm looking for a way to keep the game on top even when I'm watching a movie or surfing the web. Now whatever the way is, I want it keep the game on top and remember it. I don't want to press a shortcut everytime I play the game. I need something would remember. If not, not a big loss, I just need the game to be on top.

Anyone?

Thanks

There is no way to accomplish this. Once you click out of the game and onto another app it becomes the focus. No way to force another app to stay the to us while you use another in Windows.

Even in "Windowed" mode the focus would still be taken away from the game and he would have to click back on the game to be able to use the game controls to do anything. So while it is an option, it wouldnt solve all the issues that arise from running this way.

So how do people who run dual-monitor setups deal with this issue? It in a way defeats the purpose of having two monitors for a gaming pc?

What are some of the always on top applications?

Thanks

Always on Top Applications are those that are the focus. Meaning the ones you are typing in at that time. The purpose for dual monitors is simple. The 2nd monitor is basically a display or layout that you can have things on there that you want to keep an eye on at all times.

I keep my widgets on there, Twitter, MSN and so much more. But at the same time i also know that i must turn off my IM and play my game. When gaming most people are dedicated to the game and not watching movies, playing music and so on that they need to have control of apps in both monitors. Very few people i know are trying to surf the web when they are in teh middle of a gaming session. As their attention is taken away from the game and can cause them to lose or get killed.

There is no way anyone can defend dual monitor setups for someone who wants to be in control of everything at once. It isnt possible in Windows. I cant be typing in Chromium and Tweet at the same time. Just like i cant control my character in Doom 3 while i scroll a mouse page. There is no way for a PC to know what commands are for which program without having this focus of the current application in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom