####LONDON BLASTS####

Status
Not open for further replies.
My aunt was going to London that day to go to her office (she works at home) and she luckily was inside her office at the time, which was near to that bombing of the bus I showed pictures of.

She is the only family member that goes to London, but not often.

I just got word from my friend who was going to go to a concert, but luckily didn't go early to it.

More than 50 fatalities been confirmed.

It's werid eh? Yesterday people were all happy, now everyone is sad. I spent the whole day watching news. As much as I remember, there were 37 killed, and 700 injured. There were 4 explosions, one in a double decker bus that was blown, looked liek a single decker. Three of them went of in the Subway stations. This happened at 8:56 to 9:17 London Local Time.

charles_scott said:
:-\

Only reason you guys seem scared is because you think the area you live in is "safe". Get used to it, even on the 9/11 attacks people said they was scared while living thousands of miles away from the attacks. I think the death toll is now 40, and injuries are around 700+ atleast thats why CNN says. Anyways who cares anymore, the countrys that are being attacked are/was at war with these people that did attack them.

That is the most insensative, ignorant, naive thing I have evr read. You are an asshole, plain and simple. Because this country was at war with the attacking country, that means they have the right to blow up the other country killing iinnocent people? And you are ok with that?

Now, just because people in 9/11 were thousands of miles from NY, they should be scared? Dont be so stupid. There were plots foiled that were amed at taking out the Sears tower in Chicago, and I think something in California. Charles, I have just lost a great deal of respect for you.

charles_scott said:
:-\

Only reason you guys seem scared is because you think the area you live in is "safe". Get used to it, even on the 9/11 attacks people said they was scared while living thousands of miles away from the attacks. I think the death toll is now 40, and injuries are around 700+ atleast thats why CNN says. Anyways who cares anymore, the countrys that are being attacked are/was at war with these people that did attack them.

Don't you realize that a war is with soldiers not citizens? Terrorism is not the same as war/battles. Thats really immature to act like that.

Well, the 4 people who had done it have been found.. one died in the blasts and the other 3 are with police.

I seriously don't understand why someone would just blow something up and kill people, including themselves!

if this was the result of the war against Saddam, I wouldn't be surprised if they were planning an attack on Australia.

our countries let all different kinds of people in, and let all of them vote, and say what they want about the prime ministers/presidents, even call them ****heads, however, for some reason, they think it is right to just go around killing innocent people, just because we don't believe what they do.

i think its sad that they would wanna bomb in the first place. Those ppl over there ahd nothing to do w/ it and neither did the ppl in the WTC way back when in 9/11. like dumdum said, war is w/ soldiers, so leave us innocent by standers alone.

I'm not justifying them in any way but...if you look at it from their perspective they are doing the best thing they could, die for their cause. For their religion, country, and honor. (remember this is their opinion not mine). I guess they [terrorist] published a report about a year ago saying that they were shifting their focus away from America (directly) and going after the allies of the US. The report specifically said Spain (the train, i think, bombing) and England. I'm not sure what else the report said.

Now on to my opinion. I'm sick of the people that say..."I don't know why we are in Iraq and Afganistan(sp), they never did anything to us." Well hello, they may not have "officially" attacked us but they were harboring the groups/people that did attack us. We aren't in the days where one side (clearly marked) attacks another. Its just like the American Revolutionary war. They knew they wouldn't/couldn't win if they came face to face with GB, so they switched their tactics to gorrila warfare. Its the same thing the terrorist are doing. They know they would never be able to beat us (all of the allies not just America) in a traditional war, so they switched the tactics. Interestly enough, even tho I'm for the war in Iraq, I thought that this was interesting. Of all the contries in the world, only ones with military occupation have produced terrorist including Iran (not occupied, no terrorist). I don't think we should get out of those countries however, at least not completely.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

-Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom