Lol, needs more work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General - Stuff isn't bad man. Nice "chill out music" and put together quite nicely as well as nicely recorded. I gotta say though after going through the album that they all kind of seem the same. I like the whole ambient echos style, which is what deftones even has in a few of their songs, but after hearing it 8 or so times in a row with some riffs being all very similar sounding to each other it starts to run together and no particular song stands out from the other.

Just IMO, but overall the group is quite good.

well since we seem to be posting local talent here ya go

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B1A387AB780A8F7F

I have more but it's stuck on the corrupted drive right now and it needs a few more days in the freezer I'd say...but yeah, anyways, most of that stuff was recorded well over a year ago and I haven't really jammed with them much at all lately since our drummer got in some crap with the law and had other stuff to deal with. Refrain was recorded a few months ago but I wasn't really involved with writing it, they just called me, told me they had a new song and wanted to record, and I had about 2-3 hours to work out a riff and try and get it down, so I basically just ended up mirroring guitar riff

RockyZ said:
Half of the critisism wouldn't be on this thread if P.P. wasn't banned. But of course, I am only stating the obvious, I mean if someone who was respected screwed up and isn't in the position they used to be in, our job as fellow members is to beat them up about it, right?

I really didn't hate the song at all. The high quality songs by professionals are recorded with millions of dollars worth of equipment, this was recorded using a cheap mic.

He obviously didn't post this to impress people with it's quality, if he wanted quality, he wouldn't use a USB mic. Thats pretty good for a new band.

just my opinion. I don't know P.P.

I have been told that I have an ear for music.

it just flat out sucked.

where do we start? the bad mic, or the fact that he obviously had all of the the eq bands boosted to the max. that is where all of that squaaaley boomp (it's not even a boom) sound came from.

I just listened to it through my cheap computer speaker. I didn't need to listen to it through my 1500.00 paradigm's for details for 2 reasons

1.there was no detail
2.that would have been speaker abuse. I had those speakers for 10 plus years and I would never feed them garbage

oh yeah about PP musics, yeah unfortunetely it isn't good at all, I dunno what to say that hasn't been said already. Even the dude doing vocals sounds completely bored and isn't really throwing any aggression or energy into them, but that might just be my opinion

And I don't see why you'd have to just "throw" something together, I would under the impression you played a lot of shows locally and had "connections" so I would think you have some other older original beats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom