Linux Ubuntu Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychedelos

Baseband Member
Alright, well I installed Ubuntu on my system yesterday whileI had XP already installed. Anyways, this is the process of how I installed it. I placed it on my slave drive, I didn't have nearly enough room on my Master Drive. I am thinking that might be a big problem already. So i restart it and I get a Grub 1.5 Error 21. I cannot bypass it.

I am interested in removing Ubuntu completely from my system and getting back to how it used to be. Another problem is I do not have my Windows XP cd, its not my computer. If there is something i could download and burn to a CD, like a XP boot cd? Don't know if that will work.

EDIT* I did buy Windows XP for my new computer that still hasn't been built. It is not the same CD that was used to install XP on the old computer but could it still work? I figured all i have to do is switch the Master Boot Record to Windows then uninstall Ubuntu from there.

EDIT** Alright, after messing around with my XP cd, for some reason, when i try to go to the Recovery Center, they ask for my password, but it doesn't work. I lost all hope to do anything with XP. I'm thinking about Erasing my slave disk (nothing really too important or something like that and reinstalling linux

FINAL EDIT* Fixed. Didn't even need to put the XP cd into the cd drive

An Error 21is saying that your BIOS is not directing your computer to the right device. You may be able to simply change the boot order in your Set up (pressing the delete button during boot up), but you're probably going to have to update the BIOS. Good luck.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom