Linux for new learner

raj7teen

Beta member
Hi Guys,

I am new here and i wanna to learn Linux on system as well for infrastructure.
I dont have any info about LINUX.
Please help me with tutorial and study materials.

Thanks

A good first step in learning anything new is to sharpen your google-fu skills:

https://www.google.com/#q=learn+linux

You gonna copyright that? google fu?

2nd step would be download Ubuntu apply newly acquired google-fu skills here

Linux is really fun, free and not as complex as it is made out to be. If you are an apple user- use it like your apple (Don't touch anything other than the apps) Windows users will be right at home. Unity is as useless as the start screen is on non-touch devices and Android users will complain about the POS not working after they attempted the latest most unstable version ever!

ok i'm tired now gonna go take a nap/

I thought it was sarcasm :tongue:
Here area few of my go-to resources for anything *nix
explainshell.com - match command-line arguments to their help text
Linux 101 stuff. Questions are encouraged, noobs are welcome!
Linux Questions

Explainshell will expand a shell command and explain it for you, piece by piece.
Also, every good linux admin / user knows how to use what are known as "man pages"

If you don't know what a command does, simply type "man <command>"

For example, if you want to know more about "ls" syntax, type "man ls", and that will bring up the manual page for said command. It's nifty, I use it almost every day :thumbsup:

And as Slackersaid, Ubuntu's a good place to start. However, I must recommend something like Mint simply because it supports Wubi, which means you can easily install and uninstall from within windows. No messing with boot loaders and the like.

Main Page - Linux Mint

Personally I'd choose either MATE or Cinnamon. Cinnamon looks better IMO :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom