Leaked GeForce GTX 465 Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Leaked GeForce GTX 465 Information

The crew at Guru3D have re-posted some leaked GeForce GTX 465 numbers that were originally posted by the Chinese website eNet.com. According to the information provided, the GTX 465 will have 352 stream processors, 1GB of RAM, and a 256-bit memory interface. Hit the link for more information on clock speeds and performance. Here's a quote on performance:

eNet says its benchmarks show the GTX 465 is slightly quicker than the Radeon HD 5870 in Far Cry 2, "significantly slower" than the Radeon HD 5830 in Crysis Warhead, and in between the Radeon HD 5850 and 5870 in Unigine's Heaven benchmark. That doesn't sound like a bad effort if the card ends up launching at around $300 as those European listings suggested.

I think its not the highest end card.

nvidia's process for lower end cards is this:

they make all high end chipsets. the ones that don't come out so good become lower end chipsets.

I know all that, :p but I was just remarking on how it only has 352 SPs and they claim it will match the 5870 in some games. I just dont see how that's possible with the GTX 470's 448 SPs that sometimes barley matches the 5870.

I know all that, :p but I was just remarking on how it only has 352 SPs and they claim it will match the 5870 in some games. I just dont see how that's possible with the GTX 470's 448 SPs that sometimes barley matches the 5870.

Agreed, given the cards underwhelming specs compared to the other Fermi derivatives I don't see how it could possibly offer such good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom