latest and greatest vid cards???

Status
Not open for further replies.
BColes said:
Hopefully that causes all the current products prices to drop and not stay the same and these new card start at something crazy like $750 :p

I think if you are going to pay $750 for a video card, which is more than most people pay for their entire systems, it should be able to play games at decent quality and resolution for at least 2 years, even 3 would be nice. Unfortunately, its not that way.

And usually the February refreshes aren't made to be an extreme jump in technology from their predecessors. If this one is as big as they say its going to be, it will make many G70/R520 owners pissed.

when u stack up the Gt and Gtx what are the technology differances? and will i see much of a differance before the 7800gt or gtx aginst a ati 9800xt 256 (one i have right now)? what kinda ram do u guys think is good to get (sorry for another side note)

7800gt is 20 pipes while the gtx is 24pipes, and yes it is a good improvement over 9800xt.
and for the ram i think u should have atleast 1GB because most new games like FEAR requires atleast 1GB for runing it on high setting. and the more ram makes loading time shorter for u.

the 7800 GTX is about 3 times as good as the 9800 XT, and about 1.5 times as good as the 6800 Ultra
the 6800 Ultra is about 2 times as good as the 9800 XT

the 512MB 7800 GTX is about 1 1/3 times as good as the 256MB 7800 GTX, and is the current top card.
but the 512MB 7800 GTX will be discontinued in February 2006, apparently.
that probabbly means an even better card (with the G71 core) will be released

apokalipse said:
the 512MB 7800 GTX will be discontinued in February 2006, apparently. that probabbly means an even better card (with the G71 core) will be released

That's the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom