Lan Idea ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK Curtis

Beta member
I know someone has already posted on this & that some people were saying you need a buisness plan etc but before i get into that i want to tell you the idea ...

Okay I've had this idea for a few years now since my 1st lan tournamnet i attended ... I've been attentending lan tournaments since the start of Call of Duty 4 (2007) & Many of the smaller lan tournaments are doing PC Gaming which is good but what happens if the Xbox 360 gamers want to go to a lan tournament when most of the succesful ones are over ?

You have 4Kings, ReflexGT, ECL2, MLG & i-Series coming in the next few months but one of these lan tournaments clash on the dates & these are bascially are the main lan tournaments all over after April so what do the gamers do if you didn't win anything & lost money out of attentding ? You got to wait til Septemeber til the next lan is set up (near the end of the year) so in the mean time every one goes on with there day-to-day lives jobs etc ...

Anyway lets get onto why i'm making this thread ... I'm thinking of setting a lan tournament up for these gamers who don't win anything & also the gamers who compete in these other lans ... I have the funding for the tournament etc all we need is a website, venue (which i'm looking into as you need a good internet connection to support the 360's etc) This money is out of my back pocket from the teams i joined & the tournaments i won with them ...

Currently i was a member of the PC Gaming Team SK-Gaming as the 360 Console Council recently dropped for being inactive but i had life problems which is okay its there loss isn't it ? ... Also if this venue is big enough maybe i can put some PS3's into it but as for the PC Gaming side i don't want to do as there are a few lans who do these and i don't have the experience on the PC Gaming side as i'm a 360 player ...

This place wont just be for lan tournaments we'll host parties etc & this would be a place for boys/girls to come after school to hang around play the latest games just relax & have fun ...

Now ... The downside is that i'm only 15 so i need some help with the manager side of things i.e buisness plan as i'm not very buisness minded but i know the main roles i done buissness education in school but dropped out of it which probable doesn't make this sound like a good idea now but i know how the gaming 360 world works its just the buisness side of things that make me think. My Ex who is my best friend her dad is a lawyer so i have that side of things okay ...

What you think ? I know some of you might think i'm young but most people take out loans to do this stuff & i have the money to atleast get the venue & some Xbox's/PS3 but as far as the advertisment, website etc i'd have to earn more money to get that done but if anyone has ideas or think they can help with this then any help would be apprecitated and also does anyone know what kind of internet connection i would need to set up say 15 Xbox's thats probable not how many i'll set up more if i got the money etc but got to start off small ... x

It isn't uncommon to 15-18 year olds starting events like this. Some succeed, others don't.

First and foremost you'll need organization. Employees, volunteers, referees, scorekeepers and event planners are all a must. First impressions are everything so if you don't succeed immediately it makes it that much harder later on.

As for your internet connection you don't need one if it's a LAN. Unless you plan on worldwide events as well? For that you'd need a minimum of a T3 line for 30+ simultaneous gaming connections. I suggest T3 over a standard cable or fiber line because you need to ensure your connection doesn't drop for any reason whatsoever during the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom