Laggy BF4 with new GTX970

DUDE WHY ARE YOU STILL USING AIM...jk, whatever makes you happy.
First, download the latest version in the link posted above.
Second, goto safe mode and select the 3rd option, your machine should shutdown after.
Once you reboot, install new drivers, make sure you select the clean install and only select the drivers, nvidia physx and hd audio drivers, I don't bother with the other stuff.
After installing.
goto msconfig and disable everything.
you have too many things running and I have no idea what half of those are
I only have my antivirus enabled which I don't even see on your end which worries me.
Get avast the free version and that should be good enough.
Disable EVERYTHING ELSE...for now
Reboot and then test
Good Luck

I'll do everything you said but get avast. Avast (free) wrecked my other computer. made it laggy as all hell and i couldn't even uninstall it. It wouldn't let me. .-.

and i have MSE running. It doens't show because it's.. well microsoft lol.
Anyway, it's getting kind of late. I'll do it in the morning. so until then.

To Avast, user error I'd say. I use Avast on all my client machines with 0 issues. Not trying to be rude, just stating the facts.

Have you tried reinstalling the game, verifying game install, ect? BF4 was acting up on me last night.

To Avast, user error I'd say. I use Avast on all my client machines with 0 issues. Not trying to be rude, just stating the facts.

Have you tried reinstalling the game, verifying game install, ect? BF4 was acting up on me last night.

I agree with you 100%
I've installed avast on hundreds of machines and never had an issue. It was our top choice when I had my store.
I do not like mse, I feel like its too weak
When you install avasts free version, and register it gives you a choice to try the full version for 30 days, make sure you ignore that and continue with the free version.

I agree with you 100%
I've installed avast on hundreds of machines and never had an issue. It was our top choice when I had my store.
I do not like mse, I feel like its too weak
When you install avasts free version, and register it gives you a choice to try the full version for 30 days, make sure you ignore that and continue with the free version.

MSE used to be good - then M$ stopped updating the older engine in favor for the built-in Windows Defender for Win8.

I see. I don't know why avast was being non cooperative when i tried using it. but whatever. Send me a link because maybe i went on a bad site? It was like 4 years ago so i can't be sure anymore. Anyway in a few hours i'm going to initiate the new GPU wiper thingy majiggy from DDU, and recheck the installation of bf4.

I'll post the updates later tonight

I see. I don't know why avast was being non cooperative when i tried using it. but whatever. Send me a link because maybe i went on a bad site? It was like 4 years ago so i can't be sure anymore. Anyway in a few hours i'm going to initiate the new GPU wiper thingy majiggy from DDU, and recheck the installation of bf4.

I'll post the updates later tonight

http://filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus

So i got super lazy and didn't do anything.... but it turns out i can run bf4 super smoothly now. no problems and CPU isnt' maxing out. Some people with the 5960k or wathever are still getting stuttering problems in my rush game. so. yeah. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom