Laggy BF4 with new GTX970

flipp1234567

In Runtime
Hi so idk where to actually put this post so here it is:

So my GPU broke about amonth ago and i replaced it (radeon 7970 no OC) with the new GTX 970. Ever since i got it, battlefield 4 lags periodically every 10-30 seconds and i have NO IDEA why. I checked my ping on different servers and it's pretty solid at 40-90 depending on server location. I'd liek to play Battlefield relatively smoothly if possible.

I have bought Driver Fusion Premium for steam to update all my drivers and to remove old ones that aren't used anymore. So, assuming it did it's job right, no AMD drivers should exist on my computer.

Pls Send Halp!

That said, My specs are:
Processor: Intel i5-2500k W/ H80i Watercooling
RAM: 8GB G.Skill 1600MHz
HDD: 1TB WD Black HDD (105GB free)
GPU: GTX 970
Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast 750W

Thanks in advance :)

ill be watching this thread, Just got my 970 in today and hoping there are no issues, I want smooth gameplay on everything

I have bought Driver Fusion Premium for steam to update all my drivers and to remove old ones that aren't used anymore. So, assuming it did it's job right, no AMD drivers should exist on my computer.

Pls Send Halp!

Not to be rude, but kinda wasted your money.

You could have uninstalled the previous drivers by simply uninstalling Catalyst Control Center & drivers, then run Driver Sweeper from Guru3D to remove any remnants: Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Then install the newest drivers directly from nVIdia's website.

I would start by doing that - uninstall that Driver Fusion software, uninstall the graphics drivers it installed, run Driver Sweeper according to the instructions in the link, and then download/install the latest drivers directly from nvidia.com for the 970.

I was having the lag before AND after i used driver fusion.

Driver Fusion isn't just for GPU drivers either though. regardless, i manually installed the GTX 970 drivers and uninstalled the Catalyst drivers. and used driver fusion to detect any other out of date Drivers in my system. It claims to have found 50, some are drivers for my mouse, keyboard, chipset etc.

THose driver programs suck hard though. They don't ever do their job properly.

In regards to the post above, a newer program is Display Driver Uninstaller. You need to uninstall the Nvidia software from your control panel first, then use this
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) 13.5.1.2
and clear out both sets of drivers. You'll need to reboot several times so you'll have to be patient. Then when everything is cleared, reinstall the latest Nvidia drivers.

In regards to the post above, a newer program is Display Driver Uninstaller. You need to uninstall the Nvidia software from your control panel first, then use this
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) 13.5.1.2
and clear out both sets of drivers. You'll need to reboot several times so you'll have to be patient. Then when everything is cleared, reinstall the latest Nvidia drivers.

Ah, I keep forgetting DriverSweeper is older and can never remember the name of the new one (DDU).

you guys always amaze me thats all gibberish to me but I know it means something. I need to learn hat stuff someday

Ok I will do just that. The problem at work here definitely seems to be display driver conflicts?
It's possible that it's driver conflicts with the GPU - we just have to perform troubleshooting steps until it gets narrowed down or fixed.

you guys always amaze me thats all gibberish to me but I know it means something. I need to learn hat stuff someday

Well when you do want to learn, we have people here that are more than willing to answer questions ;).

It's possible that it's driver conflicts with the GPU - we just have to perform troubleshooting steps until it gets narrowed down or fixed.

Well when you do want to learn, we have people here that are more than willing to answer questions ;).

Im gonna be like "Carnage come drive to Minneapolis my floppy disk is broke and my AOL wont work"

Seriously though one day soon I need to get a computer for school and stuff I been using my roommates

Back
Top Bottom