ISO File query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

In Runtime
I have an ISO file that won't take off when I put it into my PC upon bootup. The file is on a DVD-R. Do I need to make the DVD-r a bootable dvd? If so, do I need to use a dvd-rw and if I do need to make a dvd bootable, how do I go about doing this? I appreciate all help.

thanks

Did you burn the iso using nero or something like that as "burn image to disk" or did you just make a data disk? you need to burn image to disk.

Yes you have to make the DVDR bootable. To do so depends on what you put on the DVD. Each software has it own way of making it boot able. You cant use a bootable file from a windows installer to boot a DVD for something else.

So until you give a hint at what the stuff is you put on the DVD we cant give you any help about making the DVD bootable.

If it is just a collection of software, then you will have to create your own boot and menu.

Ok, I am using magiciso. I loaded the file to be made bootable. What do I need to do next please?

thanks

Mak, Yes I was using that exact directions but what I am confused about is that part that says

Click button to load bootable image file.

where do I get that from? Are they talking about the file I just loaded or something else? If so, what are they talking about. I appreciate your help and time Mak. Or anyones help for that matter.

thanks

You get the bootable image file from well a bootable image file. You load a bootable image file that is similar to the one you are creating yourself. From there they have the Export Boot part.

magicisoboot.png

Load up a ISO that is like the one you want to create like so. Click that button to SAVE the boot image.

Then create a New ISO.

isocreation.png

There you will see the Boot Image part pop up instantly!

bootoption.png

Lead it to the boot file you just created and click OK.

bootable.png

There you should see the BOOTABLE box be highlighted and all you have to do is add your files.

As i have already said you cant just use any old boot image for this. Depending on what the files are you are trying to add you will need a specific boot file. Possibly even one you have to create yourself.

thank for all your effort Mak, I appreciate it. Stupid magiciso trial wouldn't let me install image over a certain size.

Does anyone know how to use BArtPE to make a bootable dvd? If so, can I please get some help with it. I thought I used it right but it came back with an error of

"Building ISO image done
Getting device information
Device: 'ATAPI ' - 'DVD A DH20A4P ' - '9P55' (2097152 bytes cache)
Test unit ready
Enabling Buffer Underrun Protection
Writing speed: 56x (8467 KBps)
Getting disc information
Disc erasable: No
Sending OPC Failed, trying to burn anyway!
Writing data to CD/DVD
Error: StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_TrackAtOnceFromFile() failed, exception 8, status 21882592, text 'CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed'
Building done...
There where 1 errors and 1 warnings"

What did I do wrong? Please help.

thanks

You could always just use ImgBurn to burn the ISO... As long as the ISO file is already meant to be bootable, all you have to do is burn the ISO to disc (not as a data disc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom