Is windows 7 or xp best production by microsoft ? pls share ur views

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows XP or windows 7 ??
Hmm thats abit of toughie for me, as I have used windows xp since the year it had gotten released yes it had it issues back then and after sp1 and a few updates during the years it has done alot good things and taught me some other stuff I did not know while using my old stuff.
Vista as I do not like it at all, it did help me grasp some newer features that was being implemented into windows 7 and help prep me up for new comptia standards.

Since seing windows 7 beta and have a chance to use it right up till this day, I prefer it than using xp for most daily tasks, but even windows 7 does have its old hardware compatibility issue that is still being worked on from MS's side.
Pretty much I have xp home on vmware and run the old hardware and software through it, feels like I am using my old gateway from yester year while pecking away at the keyboard when having xp on under win7 and testing stuff.

7 by a mile. I've been 100% 7 at home since shortly after it was released and can't wait until we can upgrade/replace the last few XP systems at work.

7 by a mile. I've been 100% 7 at home since shortly after it was released and can't wait until we can upgrade/replace the last few XP systems at work.

My company wouldn't upgrade my office computer (yet they updated my laptop) to 7, and it was on Vista Business, so one day I came in with a copy of 7 Pro, and fixed that issue.

vista didnt make as much market as xp don't know what was the problem. Another question to you guys is could win7 last more than xp record ? And in recent chip magazines I've read a forum where it was said by linux and ubuntu that windows 7 copied their widgets concept is it true? Please share your views

Win7 will not last more than XP due to the simple fact that Microsoft will not let the upgrade cycle lapse that far ever again. They already have a working version of Windows 8 on their internal machines, they already have a Developer Preview out and the Beta for it will be starting soon. So Windows 8 will be out by end of next year. So there is no way that you will see Win7 take a hold for 10 years. Cause Microsoft will have a newer version, possibly 2 versions of Windows out in that time. You will never see another version of Windows that stands alone for that long.

Oh please on the whole stealing thing. Cause if you want to go that far, who stole the GUI concept from Windows? Oh that would be Linux since they came out after Windows. So there is always some "sharing" that goes on. There is always debate on who had it first and who stole it from another person. The fact is this. It doesnt matter if Linux had it first, Microsoft made it popular by adding it to Windows. How many people would have been using such things if it wasnt for the addition of them to Vista/Win7? Maybe 2% of the population instead of the 85+% that are using them now. So maybe they should be happy that they could spark such an interesting idea instead of tossing out the blame chip.

So there is no way that you will see Win7 take a hold for 10 years. Cause Microsoft will have a newer version, possibly 2 versions of Windows out in that time.
I agree with you but I don't really get that logic. You can say the same thing about XP - it took hold for ten years (well, eight or nine) and there were two more versions of Windows out in that time.

/nitpick

In India from where i belong to the situation before windows 7 was introduced or in other words at the time of xp and vista. the ratio of using vista was only 1 user among 30 users. That means 29 used xp. Vista didnt got as popular as xp in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom