Is it just me or are pc games getting boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
saikojay said:
true very true
After reading what you wrote bee dubya, now I'm wondering how old most people are on this forum.

Most people are 14-17 at this forum, and by most, I mean almost everybody. There are a few 13 year olds and a few 18-21 year olds. I think you can count on one hand the number of active posters over 21.

I know as a child, I loved PC games for the exploring new worlds aspect of it, and I got to see and do things I would never get to do in real life. Kind of an escape from the everyday life of school, parents, etc.

It is probably different for most people here, but that is why I liked PC gaming. Everyday now I question why I continue to play games when it really just doesn't make sense for me to do so now. Ill probably continue to enjoy single player games, although it seems like all single player is for now is to show off graphics. Online multiplayer, while fun, just doesn't exite me much anymore.

It seems to me that lots of games being released today are simply cookie cutters. there are some interesting games on the horizon, such as Company of Heroes, but I know that at the moment, games feel monotonous. For example, yesterday I dusted off my copy of Starcraft and played for almost 6 hours straight. I had more fun in those 6 hours than id had in the last year of modern games.

dhw200 said:
It seems to me that lots of games being released today are simply cookie cutters. there are some interesting games on the horizon, such as Company of Heroes, but I know that at the moment, games feel monotonous. For example, yesterday I dusted off my copy of Starcraft and played for almost 6 hours straight. I had more fun in those 6 hours than id had in the last year of modern games.

Yeah, I'm fixing to pull out the old AoE 2: Age of Kings and play it again. Good PC games come out so seldom, i think the last thing that was any good to come out was Call of Duty 2.

I agree, in fact, im playing both the Mega Man Collections for the gamecube right now, when I have time. But I do occasionaly still get excited for sequals to some of those games I couldn't turn off years ago. Like the Final Fantasy Series, (excluding 11, never like it) and Heroes of Might and Magic 5, which I hope is going to be better than 4, with its new developers.

Same here, I still spend a lot of time throwing in the old DOOM collector's edition (which I am glad to say works fine with my geForce 2 :)) and just trying to beat it on Nightmare which is increadibly hard, can't even imaging trying to do that on the "Icon of Sin" final level in Doom II, does anybody remember that level? Even on normal it's hard.

Most games that have lasting appeal are multi-player games like BF2 and COD: UO. But some games like the Civilization series and Morrowind/Oblivion still last for a long time. That's why I don't like Doom 3 that much, although a fun game (I'm sure people will disagree) first time through there isn't much else to do, MP sucks in it.

Mods also give games a nice boost of life especially Morrowind and I'm sure the same with Oblivion.

For some reason I really dislike COD2.
I don't like for the fact that the crosshair disappears when you run in that game.
For my k:d ratio in that game, it's like 3:14
However, when I play FEAR, my k:d ratio is 20:3 the same for CSS
I donno
I own an airsoft gun and I've actually tried John Woo style with that gun. It's so easy to aim a gun in real life.... well for me that is.
I guess it's harder to aim in a pc game.
Maybe you guys can tell me how to get better in COD2.
Either way, video games for both consoles and pc's are losing it's interest for me.

It makes perfect sense that the crosshair disappears when you move considering in reality you wouldn't be able to aim a gun accurately while running...that's why I like COD2 and hope many games will follow suit, it actually had real gun implications that went beyond simple recoil, and I rather liked the health system as well

If you play games enough IMO you should have a pretty good idea where the crosshair is or where you're aiming

Recamend

I recomend to either quit playing the PC games and start Playing the Playstation 1,2,and 3 games. Or just wait a little longer and buy a PS3 ( thats what i'm gonna do ). I feel the same way about computer games. I think its the fact that they don't have a universal controler that all PC games are set to. I also recomend that you play Armored Core, then play Armored Core 2. Its a little tedius at first if you've never played them before but once you learn the controles and how to play its fun as ****. Untill you beat the game. I'm not sure if they have this game for PC either ? Some may say the game is a stupid robot game but it has a good collection of different setups for your Armored Core. I think Armored Core 2 has milions or billions of different looks for your Armored Core Unit. This game kept me entertained for at least 1/4 of a year. If they have an Online Version I would kill someone for it. Final Fantasy VII-2 is supposed to come out in June followed by Final Fantasy XII. Final Fantasy VII-2 is bound to be a bad *** !! game. Considering how cool FFVII was when it came out. You can try Twisted Metal Black as well that game was a challenge before I used cheet codes. If you want to play them on your computer just put the emulators on it.
GOD OF WAR looked like it would be cool. Halo 2, Grand theft auto liberty city storys, The resident evil games, Devil may cry games, If you can tell i don't know many actuall PC games but all these games are sure to be fun...i'll be watching this post to find some good PC games myself.

gaara said:
It makes perfect sense that the crosshair disappears when you move considering in reality you wouldn't be able to aim a gun accurately while running...that's why I like COD2 and hope many games will follow suit, it actually had real gun implications that went beyond simple recoil, and I rather liked the health system as well

If you play games enough IMO you should have a pretty good idea where the crosshair is or where you're aiming

did you ever try to aim a gun in real life?
Technically it's easier to aim a gun in real life.
Playing a pc game is not like real life.
You use a mouse and keyboard.....

Re: Recamend

Skely said:
I recomend to either quit playing the PC games and start Playing the Playstation 1,2,and 3 games. Or just wait a little longer and buy a PS3 ( thats what i'm gonna do ). I feel the same way about computer games. I think its the fact that they don't have a universal controler that all PC games are set to. I also recomend that you play Armored Core, then play Armored Core 2. Its a little tedius at first if you've never played them before but once you learn the controles and how to play its fun as ****. Untill you beat the game. I'm not sure if they have this game for PC either ? Some may say the game is a stupid robot game but it has a good collection of different setups for your Armored Core. I think Armored Core 2 has milions or billions of different looks for your Armored Core Unit. This game kept me entertained for at least 1/4 of a year. If they have an Online Version I would kill someone for it. Final Fantasy VII-2 is supposed to come out in June followed by Final Fantasy XII. Final Fantasy VII-2 is bound to be a bad *** !! game. Considering how cool FFVII was when it came out. You can try Twisted Metal Black as well that game was a challenge before I used cheet codes. If you want to play them on your computer just put the emulators on it.
GOD OF WAR looked like it would be cool. Halo 2, Grand theft auto liberty city storys, The resident evil games, Devil may cry games, If you can tell i don't know many actuall PC games but all these games are sure to be fun...i'll be watching this post to find some good PC games myself.

why do I feel that old school games, music, and movies are better than new ones that just came out.....
I guess old school stuff beats the s*** out of new stuff.
And they're priceless too:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom