iPhone 4s or Galaxy S 2?

Which phone would you buy? (Post what phone if "other" is chosen)

• iPhone 4s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galaxy S 2

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to provide another reference point I will put up some pics from my original galaxy s. Plus it is a good excuse to post some of the better car pics I have gotten :)

Ok, took a few pics with the 4S today, got to wait for the dude to get home (to get the pics off coz it's sync'd to his home computer...srsly *this* annoys me) then I'll post em up alongside 4 and SII pics. Same time, same subject, same lighting. ish, ish, ish.

ALSO! Big thing that shocked me. The 4S I played with had a passcode lock, but thanks to Siri I could do a whole ton of things without needing it. I could check whether the dude had any appointments in the calendar, any messages, I could make phonecalls to whoever I wanted, send texts to whoever I wanted, etc. BAD. BAD BAD BAD. Is there a setting to require passcode lock before Siri becomes active? Can any of you confirm this?

That siri flaw was an un forseen deal and apparently will be fixed in an update. ALOT and I mean EVERYONE is complaining about this. I even sent my complaint and I don't lock my phone.

Did some more research, there's an option to disable that under General > passcode lock > Siri. Still, it's disturbing that it'd be enabled by default. Most people wouldn't delve that deep into their settings, and it does pretty much render the passcode useless. Good to know it's at least disable-able(?). lol.

Wow, I never thought of the fact that the epic fail that is iTunes would extend to pulling pics off a phone. Me, I'll grab a micro USB cable that I can find at most locations I'd want to plug my phone into a computer or pull my uSD card at a stretch. I'll concede that it's one perty lookin' CCD they've packed in this time though :D quite impressive shots you've thrown in kman.

I use iCloud for getting pictures off my phone nowadays :tongue: It's pretty useful. Either that or I upload it to my dropbox account.

Ok, took a few pics with the 4S today, got to wait for the dude to get home (to get the pics off coz it's sync'd to his home computer...srsly *this* annoys me) then I'll post em up alongside 4 and SII pics. Same time, same subject, same lighting. ish, ish, ish.

ALSO! Big thing that shocked me. The 4S I played with had a passcode lock, but thanks to Siri I could do a whole ton of things without needing it. I could check whether the dude had any appointments in the calendar, any messages, I could make phonecalls to whoever I wanted, send texts to whoever I wanted, etc. BAD. BAD BAD BAD. Is there a setting to require passcode lock before Siri becomes active? Can any of you confirm this?

You can disable siri from working at the lock menu.

edit:

Oh you noticed.

Wow, I never thought of the fact that the epic fail that is iTunes would extend to pulling pics off a phone. Me, I'll grab a micro USB cable that I can find at most locations I'd want to plug my phone into a computer or pull my uSD card at a stretch. I'll concede that it's one perty lookin' CCD they've packed in this time though :D quite impressive shots you've thrown in kman.

It's a CMOS sensor ;) But Thanks.

I use iCloud for getting pictures off my phone nowadays :tongue: It's pretty useful. Either that or I upload it to my dropbox account.

This. I love iCloud. I'm sure Android also has a similar feature but thats not the point. Thought i'd say that before anyone says "Android has had that for 3 years!" (I know one of you was about to do this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom