internet is going rly slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukas

Daemon Poster
In the past 2-3 days my internet has been rly rly slow, i mean like, 30-40seconds to load google, sometimes 1-2mins to load tech forums, its never been like this and its starting to annoy me, i cant do anything like virus scans because i cant download files my net is going that slow, but i dont think it is to do with spyware, anyone got any sugestions?
thanks in advance, lukas.

Well its Holiday Season.. most of the people are at home.. so your speed is probably being throttled due to high bandwidth usage at home..

Try to reboot the router

ive called my ISP and told them the problems, they have done something and its running faster but not at its full speed,but i expect thats due to the amount of people being on the net at this time, thanks for the replies.

You got any P2P stuff running, they sure put you in the "go slow group" if your not playing along with their "fair usage policy"

Many happy returns of the season ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

well its started to slow down again, and its **** right annoying, i cant even browse the ****ing web, takes like 40seconds to load tech forums, this is so frustrating, i have no idea what the problem is tho.

well its started to slow down again, and its **** right annoying, i cant even browse the ****ing web, takes like 40seconds to load tech forums, this is so frustrating, i have no idea what the problem is tho.

40 seconds, could be worst, imagine if you were on dial up:eek:. it's most likely because of the holiday season again and kid's teenagers are getting bored and hoping on the net to do some, research:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, that's probably the most likely cause to me. remember that teenagers can do research for hours at a time:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ye but sometimes it loads after about 2mins and then it shows a blank page, and every few hours it goes fast for a few mins then slows down again, its silly :(

You got any other systems to test the connection on?
Just wondering if it's an internal problem since its still affecting you.

If the other system is fine we can do a few tests / diagnostics.
Cheers,

~ Tkey

ye, my mums laptop, its wireless mind you but before the problems came she used to get the exact same connection as me since ive got an amazing router, she'd get like 9mb out of 10, and i was on the net the otherday on her laptop and the internet is just like mine, takes anywere up to 1-2mins to load a page.

ye, my mums laptop, its wireless mind you but before the problems came she used to get the exact same connection as me since ive got an amazing router, she'd get like 9mb out of 10, and i was on the net the otherday on her laptop and the internet is just like mine, takes anywere up to 1-2mins to load a page.
I cant even login to MSN because it just brings up the error and tells me to press troubleshoot, i do, it doesnt list a problem and then it still doesnt connect.

EDIT : sorry for double post, thats my net, didnt think it sent the message because it didnt load, sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom