Internet Drops When Phone Rings

Thanks for the suggestion, will try that. Yet the problem started when we got a new printer and reorginized the connections... Its quite a coincidence

One thing I noticed nobody has mentioned: is it a cordless phone? And how close is that phone to your router, computer, and printer? Cordless phones can destroy a Wi-Fi signal as well.

Another thing is this: Is the printer (fax portion) connected to your phone line? If so, that can also cause DSL connection issues, especially if it's sharing the line with the DSL modem as shown in your diagram on the first post. Is it using a splitter? If it's not a DSL filter, then it's a splitter or you have a dual jack in the wall.

You can also try to put a filter on the printer's phone line to reduce noise coming from it. I've seen that help. Although rare, I've also seen a filter help the DSL modem, but more often than not they cause additional issues when connected to the DSL modem.

carnageX;2153494[IMG said:
resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]2153494]Did you try hooking it up the way I Am Confused2 suggested in your previous thread?

Yes I did. The same happens, exactly when the phone rings while in a game, for example, it freezes for the duration of the ring, and then again, through all the call.
Call
Send SMS
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Update:

I connected the printer to the router. Router to modem.
Modem to wall jack.
The phone to the wall jack.

Problem persists...

MidnightShadow;2153503[IMG said:
resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]2153503]One thing I noticed nobody has mentioned: is it a cordless phone? And how close is that phone to your router, computer, and printer? Cordless phones can destroy a Wi-Fi signal as well.

Another thing is this: Is the printer (fax portion) connected to your phone line? If so, that can also cause DSL connection issues, especially if it's sharing the line with the DSL modem as shown in your diagram on the first post. Is it using a splitter? If it's not a DSL filter, then it's a splitter or you have a dual jack in the wall.

You can also try to put a filter on the printer's phone line to reduce noise coming from it. I've seen that help. Although rare, I've also seen a filter help the DSL modem, but more often than not they cause additional issues when connected to the DSL modem.

Its a corded phone.
I do have a dual jack in wall.
Thanks for the recommendations but they did not help :(

Any other suggestions?

Call
Send SMS
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Back
Top Bottom