Internet Drops When Phone Rings

John Calm

Baseband Member
Lately I have been experiencing trouble with my connection: When the phone rings, the connection seems to drop, does not disconnect completely.
For example, while gaming there is a sudden delay, but the ms count (ping) does not rise.

When the phone is done ringing it all comes back to normal. I have changed channels, but it does not seem to be working. Note also that when the bell rings, (which is connected to the phones) the connection does disconnect for a while and then reconnect automatically.

I ve attached a file showing my connection disposition currently.
Problem started since I changed printer.

Printer: Hp OfficeJet Pro Plus 8600

Connections are arranged as this page suggests:
HP Officejet Pro 8500A (A910) e-All-in-One Printer Series - Cannot Send or Receive Faxes | HP® Support

Still, there is interference every time the phone rings and even disconnects when the ring of the house is activated.

Router Model: TL-WDR4300.
Router is connected to Modem in bridge mode.
Firmware Version: 3.13.33 Build 130617 Rel.46239n
Hardware Version: WDR4300 v1 00000000

Netalyzr analysis:

ICSI Netalyzr — Results

As you can see from the diagram I attached, I have the ADSL jacked straight into the wall.

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 9
seeing you have DSL I would say you may have a faulty filter on one of the phone jacks, Had a similar issue in the past with DSL but fortunately I had a extra filter so switched one at a time and then called it with my cell phone until I found the one giving issue and once I had the bad one replaced the issues went away.

seeing you have DSL I would say you may have a faulty filter on one of the phone jacks, Had a similar issue in the past with DSL but fortunately I had a extra filter so switched one at a time and then called it with my cell phone until I found the one giving issue and once I had the bad one replaced the issues went away.

I dont use filtres except for the one incorporated in the wall...

Then I'd suggest calling your ISP/phone company and have them make sure the phone lines are fine and not corroded or damaged in some way.

Then I'd suggest calling your ISP/phone company and have them make sure the phone lines are fine and not corroded or damaged in some way.

Wouldnt it be easier to just change the cable for a new one and try then?

Yet I highly doubt thats the problem. For example while in game, the exact time the phone rings is the exact time the gane freezes for a second. And it repeats every time the phone rings during that one call.

I tried many other conexion dispositions. Called to my house, but the same happens...

Wouldnt it be easier to just change the cable for a new one and try then?

I meant the outside lines, not the lines inside your house. Though checking the connection behind the wall jack would also be a good idea.

I meant the outside lines, not the lines inside your house. Though checking the connection behind the wall jack would also be a good idea.

Thanks for the suggestion, will try that. Yet the problem started when we got a new printer and reorginized the connections... Its quite a coincidence

Did you try hooking it up the way I Am Confused2 suggested in your previous thread?

As an telecom installer, service tech, here is what your setup should be, based on a single telephone.

If you have more then one phone, you need a DSL filter at each of those locations, you can get them from the phone company.

From the out side world, your first device should be the DSL Modem, a normal modem will have a phone jack out put, this is where you connect the phone/fax, the modem has the filter build in.

From the modem, it also has an either jack for the internet which is where you connect all your network which includes a switch if needed for muliti devices.

So, in your case, connect the DSL modem to the wall jack, the printer to the phone jack on the modem and the phone to the printer,, as for your net work, if your modem has build in wifi you are ok for that, for muliti hard wired devices, connect from modem to switch to devices. If the DSL does not have build in wifi, then instead of a switch, use a wifi router then connect all wired devices.

Back
Top Bottom