Internet-crash when saving IE favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repair or Reinstall Internet Explorer6 and Outlook Express 6

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}
Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
Data Type: DWORD // Value Name: IsInstalled
Setting for Value Data: [Change the Value from 1 to 0]
Exit Registry

Repair or Reinstall Internet Explorer6 and Outlook Express 6

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}
Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
Data Type: DWORD // Value Name: IsInstalled
Setting for Value Data: [Change the Value from 1 to 0]
Exit Registry

Thank you, thath guide was easier accually, and i now succefully reinstalled IE..thath im sure on, but unfortentley for me, the problem didnt solve by doing so
still crash every other time i make a new favorite, i see thath pattern clearley

while im doing a online Virus scan here, does anyone have any moore suggestions..would be mutch appretiated

Post a hijack this log in the virus forums and get warez or one of the others to look at it. It may be a BHO thats causing the problem. Also explain in full deatail what is happening and post screenshots etc that apply. Hope we can get this sorted asap

Post a hijack this log in the virus forums and get warez or one of the others to look at it. It may be a BHO thats causing the problem. Also explain in full deatail what is happening and post screenshots etc that apply. Hope we can get this sorted asap

I have posted Hijack this log..whaiting for answer there now

hm, i dont think i can explain moore..expet thath this well known message appear
(therefore i dont think a picture can explain moore than this text in this case?)

"iexplore.exe has encounter att problem and need to close"

Offset 00078d74

ModName wininet.ldll

allso you can read thath in my Docume~1\Lokal~\Temp\ there is a saved log with name on a component that is involved in the crash

its b12a_appcompat.txt i have it here if you should neet the inside of it

2 sec after i save a new Internet Favorite the crash appear, and its accually save it perm as it should..when i check after

is there any limit in how many links IE 6 can hold at the same time, yes i have pretty mutch:freak: ..but it shouldnt play any part right, the favorite map is smallsized as **** even

Try this:

Install IE7, see if the issue is still there, if not, and you if you still dont want to use IE7, uninstall IE7 and see if the issue fixed itself, its worth a shot

That aint standerd ;) - i would assume thats the problem ;)

DLL-files.com - wininet.dll, free download

I found out 2 things..
that i hade a double wininet file in my System 32 folder, wininet(3)(2).dll
i removed this one from the folder (without any effect thou) and what sounds moore like the orginal correct wininet.dll is still there...
cause i have not even been manage to replace it....with thath fresh file you offered me

cause i get a error message when trying to copy the new dll to Windows 32 folder
"wininet.dll is used by another person and program, exit all programs thath possible can use the file, and retry"
So i started Windows in safe mode without network, and tried to replace it..but still i get the same message, some procces is using it

any ideas?

Try this:

Install IE7, see if the issue is still there, if not, and you if you still dont want to use IE7, uninstall IE7 and see if the issue fixed itself, its worth a shot

Good idea..i hope there is possible to make a succefull rollback after by now?
if i dont remember wrong it was completley impossible to uninstall IE once you installed it in the first place, thath was the case last time i tried it atleast (well it was the beta)

but as you say i dont have mutch to loose, will test this after i have succeded to replace the dll file as Tkey:s suggestion

Let's try an old favorite (how apropriate ;) )

Enter you system folder and file wininet.dll
Rename wininet.dll to wininet.dl
Hit F5
A new fresh wininet.dll should appear.

Let me know how this goes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom