Intel cuts electric cords with wireless power system

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Apok, it wold be straw man if I came in arguing against you. But you came in after me. Therefore it isn't. The debate never was on if it could be done in the future. It was on doing it now. When Drizzit posed the possibility of using orbital solar panels he never once said "Maybe in the future". He sated in the present. Therefore this is based around the present. I am not using straw man because the debate is on the present and never was on the future, therefore I am not misrepresenting you stand, you are misinterpreting the debate.

A long time ago, people would have never believed a computer as powerful as we have could fit inside as small boxes as they often do today.
Making assumptions like this is unscientific.

That is not an unscientific statement. It is a fact. If we did have the ability to have things like the ISS assemble themselves then we would use it. But we don't. Once again this is not about future capabilities, we do not know what the future holds, therefore we cannot SCIENTIFICALLY debate about its ramifications.

It was on doing it now. When Drizzit posed the possibility of using orbital solar panels he never once said "Maybe in the future". He sated in the present.

I was thinking within the next 20-30 years it could be done. I never said "Lets go out and sling shot some solar panels into space and not research it".

Your right, this is no longer scientific. Half the arguing is over how the other person is arguing. "ZOMG"

Trust me, when the nations of the world go "Ok, lets do this". A lot more effort will go into these things and we will have solar panels coming out our *** growing crops and powering our cars and giving us more money to buy computer parts with.

Of course. When there is a greater demand for alternative energy things will start to happen. However of all of our options, putting giant solar arrays in space does not seem like the most economically, scientifically, or engineering(ly?) sensible way to go about it.

See Apok, it wold be straw man if I came in arguing against you. But you came in after me. Therefore it isn't.
Who started the debate is besides the point. If you attack a position the other person does not hold, it's a strawman argument.
The debate never was on if it could be done in the future. It was on doing it now.
The debate did not have any reference to present or future until the most recent posts. There were simply arguments against its viability period.
Then I provided counterpoints
When Drizzit posed the possibility of using orbital solar panels he never once said "Maybe in the future". He sated in the present. Therefore this is based around the present.
It was never explicitly stated you were necessarily talking about the present until the most recent posts. The only thing I saw before that were arguments against its viability, which I didn't see as holding their ground.
Then you posted this:
WE CANT DO IT TODAY SO GET OVER YOURSELF. try again 20 years from now.
which is an accusation that I was thinking that we could do it today. And because that wasn't what I was arguing, it's a strawman.
I am not using straw man because the debate is on the present and never was on the future
Given that there was no reference to present or future until recent posts, I don't believe this was what you were arguing initially. Besides, a strawman is when you attack a position another person doesn't hold. A declaration of what you think the debate should have been about all along is besides the point.
therefore I am not misrepresenting you stand
Actually, you did.
WE CANT DO IT TODAY SO GET OVER YOURSELF. try again 20 years from now.
you are misinterpreting the debate.
No, I simply provided counterpoints to your claims of it not being viable (which, again, didn't even have reference to present or future until the more recent posts)

That is not an unscientific statement. It is a fact.
Only for current computers or programs. But not necessarily for computers or programs period. The fact is you don't know whether future computers will be able to cope with it, and therefore the statement that it's too complex for computers (period) is an unscientific statement.
And again, you made no reference to present or future here either.

wow.
and wow again.
From what I can gather, this thread can be summed up as:
Round 1 - luke vs drizzt!
Round 2 - apok vs zmatt!

Then what, the winner if each round plays off against the other winner for the grand title?
you guys are kinda stating the same things over and over again, I'm a bit surprised this thread wasn't locked a while ago.
howz about just answering two simple questions then just...leaving it:
1. Do YOU think wireless power is a feasible reality now?
2. Do YOU think wireless power is feasible in the near future(meaning mebbe 50-60 years from now)?

How many arguments do Zmatt and Apokalipse have going now??
I say one badly worded phrase and i get a 5 point infraction (Lords name in vein i suppose), you guys argue for 10 pages over 2 topics and are all good... Funny that.

Thank you S0ULphIRE for stepping in and 'resetting' the topic. Can we please stop arguing now????
Apok, dont make me walk from here (Sydney) down to Melbourne and stop you typing away.... lol.

^Well im batman, misunderstood and his most powerful weapon was the power of his brilliant mind. Not only a hero, a super hero. I'd say drizzt would be 2 face(no offense meant or anything) zmatt would be a mad Chinese version of robin, apok would be the thing, zedman would me the human torch, and soulphire would be the invisible girl (again, no offense meant by any of these, just what i think your attitudes are lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom